Uca College Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 5, 2010
I just got back from UCA College Camp today. I was very surprised at how laid back the camp was. Also, the staffers at camp did not want us to jump or tumble because it was a "distraction." I was kind of taken back by that. I was just wondering what all of your thoughts are on tumbling and jumps being a distraction to the crowd at the college level.

kAnn said:
I just got back from UCA College Camp today. I was very surprised at how laid back the camp was. Also, the staffers at camp did not want us to jump or tumble because it was a "distraction." I was kind of taken back by that. I was just wondering what all of your thoughts are on tumbling and jumps being a distraction to the crowd at the college level.

Cupie contest!!! Do they still do that?
Why wouldn't they want u to tumble? I thought standing back tucks were mandatory haha. That's odd. Things change so quickly in cheer.
Honestly though, I've never been a fan of any of the UCA camps bc I can't figure out what the heck they want. I bring one team at the beginning of the summer and it's all about transitional pyramids in the extreme routine. Two months later I bring a different team to a different UCA camp an they said it's a no-no. Don't even get me started on how they select the all-Americans. I tell my girls, it's never who you think it'll be so don't get your hopes up about it!

We never warmed up jumps or anything. We would just have them in routines and they critiqued them really awful! I watched the video and our jumps were the best they have ever been! They said we need to work on timing. I guess the view was different from where they were. But we never worked on tumbling or jumps we just had them in routines. Although, there was only 3 groups stunting and when we were stunting I think everybody else was jumping.

Back