College Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've had the best results going directly to: uca.varsity.com
instead of going to varsity.com and then to the uca part.

Did anyone else see different placements for D2 co-ed? I thought northwest and csu top 2 (either SHOULD have taken 1st) and west ga 3rd. Jmo though.

CONGRATULATIONS TO PCM's VERY OWN TONY CRUMP AND MOOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY FOR TAKING HOME THE FIRST PLACE TITLE.. WINNING UCA'S (DIVISION 1) COED NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
RCC FOR PLACING 5TH, GREAT JOB COACH SEAN AND TIM...
AND TIM MURTISHAW AND HIS TEAM FOR TAKING 3RD PLACE....!

Once again congratulations to those who will be taking home the championships and to everyone who competed and gave their all...KUDOS you all should be very proud !

SAFE TRAVELS AND ENJOY YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS..WE WILL SEE YOU ALL BACK IN THE GYM..

So I havent had a chance to watch any UCA stuff cuz I was at Indy all day - But I had some texts from some of my friends asking some questions: Id hope someone could help answer:

1) Apparently people were competing in Shorts and Tshirts? Why?
2) Some teams were making their routines?

So I havent had a chance to watch any UCA stuff cuz I was at Indy all day - But I had some texts from some of my friends asking some questions: Id hope someone could help answer:

1) Apparently people were competing in Shorts and Tshirts? Why?
2) Some teams were making their routines?
The teams that had full paids were given a rehersal during prelims as they already advanced to finals. They wore tshirts and shorts for strictly that rehearsal and picked which sections, if not all, they would do on the mat as just a practice run.

I would have to say that UCA got the group stunt ranking just right.

1. Morehead was clearly the best, as they put up some extremely hard stuff, and some stuff I've never seen before (i.e. ball full around immediate, bhs full up, lib full around). Also, they were the cleanest out of all the groups.

2. Oklahoma City was overall decent, but had two of the best stunts (besides some of the Morehead stunts) in the competition- rewind with two girls doing 1 arm, and a SINGLE BASE toss target. Never seen that before!

3. Hawaii Pacific was good, and it prob was close between them and the 4th place UofL group. The problem is that neither them or Louisville did anything spectacular. You can heard the crowd, as they politely cheer for all of the stunts. Hard routines, but nothing eye opening like the first two groups. HPU did have the only double twisting double flipping basket of the competition, which I think put them ahead.

4. Louisville group #1. Same as HPU, good, but nothing spectacular. When you get to this level, you need to do something that no one has ever seen before. Doesn't matter if you were first out of taping, or if you "hit" your routine.. If its not innovative, and doesn't make the crowd scream, then not gonna place as well as teams that do.

5. Louisville group #2. Good, but definitely didn't hit their routine close to what im sure they're capable of. Nothing spectacular, but the three high tick tocks were cool.
I would have to say that UCA got the group stunt ranking just right.

1. Morehead was clearly the best, as they put up some extremely hard stuff, and some stuff I've never seen before (i.e. ball full around immediate, bhs full up, lib full around). Also, they were the cleanest out of all the groups.

2. Oklahoma City was overall decent, but had two of the best stunts (besides some of the Morehead stunts) in the competition- rewind with two girls doing 1 arm, and a SINGLE BASE toss target. Never seen that before!

3. Hawaii Pacific was good, and it prob was close between them and the 4th place UofL group. The problem is that neither them or Louisville did anything spectacular. You can heard the crowd, as they politely cheer for all of the stunts. Hard routines, but nothing eye opening like the first two groups. HPU did have the only double twisting double flipping basket of the competition, which I think put them ahead.

4. Louisville group #1. Same as HPU, good, but nothing spectacular. When you get to this level, you need to do something that no one has ever seen before. Doesn't matter if you were first out of taping, or if you "hit" your routine.. If its not innovative, and doesn't make the crowd scream, then not gonna place as well as teams that do.

5. Louisville group #2. Good, but definitely didn't hit their routine close to what im sure they're capable of. Nothing spectacular, but the three high tick tocks were cool.

I think the presence that the HPU and the Louisville groups brought to the mat were stronger. Yes a few innovative elements from the top two, but in my opinion they looked kind of scared and didn't posses the confidence like Savana, Bailey, and Aisha did.

Did anyone else see different placements for D2 co-ed? I thought northwest and csu top 2 (either SHOULD have taken 1st) and west ga 3rd. Jmo though.

If they would post the videos of this division we might actually be able to comment on that. Did the videographer think it was over after DI-A practice?
confused.png

Ugh I am really unimpressed with Varsity Tv right now...
frown.png
I was really hoping to wake up to a ton of college videos, but no! Hopefully today will be a little better? It got so bad that I started watching dance & mascot videos haha sidenote: I love Orange Coast College Open Jazz! ha just by their song choice they win in my eyes!

Back