High School Uca Gametime Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
I am new to my squad competing in the Gametime competitions and while I've watched some videos, I still have some questions. As a coach, I want to know my way around a competition before I throw my girls into it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1)since there is no score for stunting in the timeout cheer category, does it matter if you do extensions or whole squad shoulder sits? I only have 7 girls so we would only be able to do 1 extension and 1 prep, but could do 3 shoulder sits with signs and poms.
2)as far as fight song, is this the same as school song? Our school song doesn't sound anything like the ones that I've watched compete. Does it have to be our school song?
3) are assisted cartwheels considered tumbling? I'm looking at my squad competing in the non tumble division and from what I can tell its considered partner stunts but don't want to violate the rules.
Thank you

@MHSCheercoach
I am new to my squad competing in the Gametime competitions and while I've watched some videos, I still have some questions. As a coach, I want to know my way around a competition before I throw my girls into it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1)since there is no score for stunting in the timeout cheer category, does it matter if you do extensions or whole squad shoulder sits? I only have 7 girls so we would only be able to do 1 extension and 1 prep, but could do 3 shoulder sits with signs and poms.Either will work fine. Judges are not looking at the difficulty of the stunts incorporated however they are looking at how they are used. As long as your team is effectively leading the crowd with solid skills you should score well.
2)as far as fight song, is this the same as school song? Yes, your team should perform to their school fight song. Our school song doesn't sound anything like the ones that I've watched compete. Does it have to be our school song?We offer two categories, fight song and time out dance. Fight Song is what most teams play at a game/pep rally. Time Out dance are usually performed during a quick time at or half time.

3) are assisted cartwheels considered tumbling? I'm looking at my squad competing in the non tumble division and from what I can tell its considered partner stunts but don't want to violate the rules. Assisted cartwheels are considered a stunt and may be performed in a non tumble division.

Thank you

Hope this helps! Good luck this season!

Back