High School Uca High School All Girl Partner Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 1, 2010
Hi everyone! One stunt group from my team wants to enter the UCA high school nationals partner stunt competition. It's a video entry only and has to be in by January 21st. I was wondering if your teams have ever competed in this and/or do you have any videos from last year or the past. I would like to show my girls so they know what they are competing against. If you have any input or ideas we would appreciate it! Thanks!!!

My high school started competing in this once it was submission-only. We figure if there's no room for error on competition day, why not? These videos aren't shown, but here is the 2008 winner, Greenup County. Shows how tough the competition is!!

http://launch.vidaroo.com/2889

no way! we're in the same division :) I'm an alum from Rocky Point high school on long island. I remember you all from UCA regionals. you all are awesome!!

Hi everyone! One stunt group from my team wants to enter the UCA high school nationals partner stunt competition. It's a video entry only and has to be in by January 21st. I was wondering if your teams have ever competed in this and/or do you have any videos from last year or the past. I would like to show my girls so they know what they are competing against. If you have any input or ideas we would appreciate it! Thanks!!!
Where did you find information on how to enter? I can't seem to find anything on UCA's website...

This was great, but I was disappointed to not see any entries besides variations of a full up. Is this the norm for this division or was it just this high school?

Totally agree! There are other ways they could have gotten in stunts like switch-ups/giddy-ups and I think even ball ups are legal in high school. It looks good don't get me wrong but it was kind of boring with only 360's. I also, didn't think the flyer had many variation with the skills she was pulling.

It's the norm. First UCA top girls are not known for extreme flexibility (hence the poor poor Scorpion) Bc you don't have any rubric telling you that you have to do three body positions. So most teams stick with stretch and arabesque. Secondly, full up or twisting stunts are way more difficult than switch ups / front walk over ups / cart wheel ups / etc. No sure if ball ups are legal for UCA. I know for sure high to high tic tocs aren't. I think I counted 16 or 17 twists in this sequence. Kinda redundant but very effective. Plus they used a bunch of variations of twisting skills not just full ups. I really would have liked to see lib full around lib in their sequence but I bet it will be in their next year after North Laurel competed them last year. Lastly, full ups and twisting transitions rule at UCA nationals bc you can't go inverted! I've even seen some 720 to squish so maybe we'll see that next year also. Good luck :)

Back