All-Star Uca Nationals Orlando

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Large Jr 4 in the Northeast hasn't had much competition all season. Same with 4.2 I don't know whats going on.
Our 4.2 large has been up against alot of teams at the big nationals but my team at most local comps like 1 team and the big ones only 5-6. Well I hope the competition is tough no matter if there is one or 10 teams we are up against. I like when everyone hits everything and it truely comes down to the best of the best. But I am deff not likeing the 20/ 80 thing. That could mess up alot of teams placements. I like how BATC does theirs, best day used.. putting all teams on a more even playing field just saying :)

Our 4.2 large has been up against alot of teams at the big nationals but my team at most local comps like 1 team and the big ones only 5-6. Well I hope the competition is tough no matter if there is one or 10 teams we are up against. I like when everyone hits everything and it truely comes down to the best of the best. But I am deff not likeing the 20/ 80 thing. That could mess up alot of teams placements. I like how BATC does theirs, best day used.. putting all teams on a more even playing field just saying :)
There is history behind why UCA does this. For a long time, UCA All Star Nationals used to have prelims, semi-finals and then finals like High School and College Nationals. So teams would come down and not make it past the first day. This approach didn't work very well with All Stars, so after awhile they converted it to two-day scoring so that all teams could compete both days. They weight the second day so heavily to maintain their "UCA style," and to give the second day more of a finals feel. Some people love it, others hate it. One advantage is that you can totally mess up on the first day and come back strong on the second.

I think those divisions are just not super popular. It is hard to field a large team of strong level 4 athletes in the junior division - the division size was the same or smaller at NCA and Cheersport. As for 42., I think it is still new enough that gyms are still figuring it out. It has grown in size each year though, so that is promising!

4.2 has definitely come a long way in a very short period of time. I think it was a great idea and I like how the focus is truly on the stunting, dancing, jumps. The division is a great place for a large number of athletes that can't tumble but are strong flyers.

I say all the time to my daughter I would rather go to 5 competitions with very strong teams and lose than go to 10 competitions with weak teams and win all the time. I think when there is a really strong division, it always brings the best out in teams and pushes them to levels they didn't realize they were capable of. I've seen that happen many times.

I think those divisions are just not super popular. It is hard to field a large team of strong level 4 athletes in the junior division - the division size was the same or smaller at NCA and Cheersport. As for 42., I think it is still new enough that gyms are still figuring it out. It has grown in size each year though, so that is promising!

Cheersport had around 20 4.2 teams this year split into small and large... NCA had less than 10, and UCA doesn't seem to be doing much better. The same goes for a lot of the "less populated" divisions. I gave up on UCA a long time ago, I will just never be a fan. NCA on the other hand is still a national I would attend:)

I'm trying to figure out who has a bid and who doesn't. Can anybody help me out with the following teams?
Twisters SmSL5
UCF Allstars Armegeddon LSLC5
Memphis Elite LSLC5
Peak Athletic Tigers SmSL5
CTA Allstars Fury SmSLC5
Thanks!

Did you figure out who needs bids at this point?

Cheersport had around 20 4.2 teams this year split into small and large... NCA had less than 10, and UCA doesn't seem to be doing much better. The same goes for a lot of the "less populated" divisions. I gave up on UCA a long time ago, I will just never be a fan. NCA on the other hand is still a national I would attend:)
I was actually referring to Large Junior 4 being just as big as NCA and Cheersport, not 4.2. And I am a huge fan of UCA, so we will have to agree to disagree.
smile.png

I was actually referring to Large Junior 4 being just as big as NCA and Cheersport, not 4.2. And I am a huge fan of UCA, so we will have to agree to disagree. :)
yes we were at cheersport- against 5 other teams unfortuately for us, our pyramid bailed the first day, the second day we tied with Sting rays and AS1 for 1st. But the 50/50 made it impossible for us to move up which really stunk. I also noticed the same amount of teams for lg lvl 4 at NCA and now UCA except with UCA I never heard of some of these teams. ALso I hear my mom state how expensive UCA is compared to other large nationals because of the package deal

Did you figure out who needs bids at this point?

As far as I could tell all those teams he has listed need bids. I know ACE Thunderbirds need a PAID bid in lrg limited!

Sm Sr lim only one team has a paid, Open Coed only one team has a bid, Lrg Sr only one team has a Partial Paid, Sr Semi only one team has a paid, Sm Sr only one team has a paid and 6 have at-large bids, and Lrg Lim 3 have paid and 2 have at-large bids.

Five Large Senior 5 teams? Interesting. Since when is Nebraska Tigers Large Senior 5? Didn't they just compete at Small Senior 5 at that UPA competition this past weekend?

SO EXCITED ABOUT SPICE!!! This just made my life. Do we know if they're hoping for a Worlds bid?!

SO EXCITED ABOUT SPICE!!! This just made my life. Do we know if they're hoping for a Worlds bid?!

I think the whole point of them going large senior is to see if they can win a bid. My understanding is if they get a bid, they go, if they don't then it's not a big deal.

I think the whole point of them going large senior is to see if they can win a bid. My understanding is if they get a bid, they go, if they don't then it's not a big deal.
Yup, after reading the whole thread dedicated to it, that sounds like the plan!! I'm so excited for them! I hope they get one :)

Back