High School Uca Nhscc Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 5, 2011
How does UCA award bids? I know certain regionals are qualifiers. How do they determine which teams are awarded bids? I've been asking around and it seems everyone has a different answer (even my state director and rep didn't know for sure) so I thought I would bring it to the boards!

You compete at the UCA regionals, and then if you score is 70% out of 100% then you recieve a bid, thats what I was told

Yep, I was told 70 out of 100 gets a bid! In MN ours is the first weekend in November though. So I was also told they take the high 60s because they understand that our routines aren't perfectly polished so early in the season.

Yep, I was told 70 out of 100 gets a bid! In MN ours is the first weekend in November though. So I was also told they take the high 60s because they understand that our routines aren't perfectly polished so early in the season.
Thanks! I hope thats how it is here too! We compete 3 weekends in a row starting October 29th. I have been debating on one, because its where most of the teams that dominate our division go. I want for my girls to get to see them before nationals, but didn't want to risk not getting a bid if they only awarded the top 2 or 3 teams or something! I'm glad to know its by score and not based on how many teams are at your particular regional and how they do!

Thanks! I hope thats how it is here too! We compete 3 weekends in a row starting October 29th. I have been debating on one, because its where most of the teams that dominate our division go. I want for my girls to get to see them before nationals, but didn't want to risk not getting a bid if they only awarded the top 2 or 3 teams or something! I'm glad to know its by score and not based on how many teams are at your particular regional and how they do!
Just go out and hit a super clean routine, UCA will appreciate it and award you a bid. I'm trying to get one for my JV team this year. I called my rep and she told me to "give them a routine they can for sure hit" and we would be "fine". Made me feel a ton better! Good luck! Where are you from? Maybe PM me?

Can I just say how ridiculous it is that your state director and rep don't even know how their own company awards bids?!?!
Agree! Our state director is new (like last week was literally her first week) but still she should know! She said she would find out and get back with me but still nothing! This is the first year I'm taking my team to UCA so there's a lot that is different from Cheersport/Jamfest which is what I'm used to! I clearly didn't pay enough attention when I was in high school because there is so much I don't remember! I'm so glad I have these boards!
Just go out and hit a super clean routine, UCA will appreciate it and award you a bid. I'm trying to get one for my JV team this year. I called my rep and she told me to "give them a routine they can for sure hit" and we would be "fine". Made me feel a ton better! Good luck! Where are you from? Maybe PM me?
Thanks. PM'ing you now!

I don't know if any of you have ever been to the regionals in Tom's River, NJ but if you have- do you know if it is difficult to get a bid in the JV division? This isn't exactly related to the post but do any of you know how many teams normally compete in the large jv division at the uca nationals?

Agree! Our state director is new (like last week was literally her first week) but still she should know! She said she would find out and get back with me but still nothing! This is the first year I'm taking my team to UCA so there's a lot that is different from Cheersport/Jamfest which is what I'm used to! I clearly didn't pay enough attention when I was in high school because there is so much I don't remember! I'm so glad I have these boards!

Thanks. PM'ing you now!

I understand being new to a job, but they should give her a cheat sheet of FAQ that has the most requested info from coaches.

I don't know if any of you have ever been to the regionals in Tom's River, NJ but if you have- do you know if it is difficult to get a bid in the JV division? This isn't exactly related to the post but do any of you know how many teams normally compete in the large jv division at the uca nationals?

My varsity team competes at UCA regionals at Toms River and I honestly don't remember a lot of JV teams competing since it's early in the season so it may be easy to get a bid.

Yes.. When we coached Franklin we took them there, We took Hendersonville last year.
Is it worth going to, and did you get a room Friday night or just drive down on Saturday? I'm trying to decide between that one, Bluegrass regionals, Alabama regionals or the TN extreme regionals. They're all on the 5th. I think I've pretty much decided against the TN one just because its all the same teams we always see, but haven't ruled it out completely either.

Back