High School Uca Rumor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 14, 2010
I heard a rumor that uca was going to have a new rule about where you can qualify for nationals. I heard that teams can only qualify in their own states.

A lot of teams didn't get bids at our qualifier so they went a state over and got one. It'd be crazy for that to not be an option anymore.

Has anyone else heard this?

Since it's not a real "national" (meaning all states don't go and the best from each state also may not go), this seems silly.

Since it's not a real "national" (meaning all states don't go and the best from each state also may not go), this seems silly.

True. I think the rule should be that you can only go for a bid once. Personally, if my team was a mess and didn't get a bid, I wouldn't take them somewhere else to get one, they clearly didn't earn it. I can see both sides to it.

I can't see this being fair since some states have
More than one quailfer competitions so the. Of a school in that state didn't qualify at the first comp they could try again at another UCA quailfer in their state where as other states aren't able to do that

I think it sounds like a fine idea...that's how every other sport does it, right? Seems like a step in the right direction, but maybe that's just me.

Would make sense if there was a regional in every state, also as per the above, a large state could have 3 due to driving distance, for example, it could take an overnight trip somewhere in Cali or Texas if there was only 1. Also a team could be willing to keep trying and spend the $ on travel.

I doubt they will, this is about $ but if they do it would have to be a one and done rule. One regional and if you qualify, thumbs up, if not, bummer.

Instead of speculating, I would call your local UCA Rep or even Varsity rep to discuss the "rumor" as something like this can spread in such a negative way.

I shoulda clarified.. if there is a state w/ only one regional, that is a HUGE bummer and unfair advantage to places that can go to multiple. Although more loopholes.. all need to be on same day in your state so you only have 1 chance...

It has to be a rumor, they wouldn't limit, again, it's $$ ALTHOUGH I have been a team that hasn't bid before and there was no freebie, you fall all over the floor you don't bid!

I hope its a rumor. It would be a shame if someone didn't qualify in their own state and they weren't allowed to travel out of state to qualify!

We dropped every stunt and still got a bid... :rolleyes:

I am on the flip side.. my team fell all over the floor, looked like they learned the routine the day before, etc and the other teams hit or hit good enough... HA... they thought bids were a freebie until then. Felt bad for them, but honestly, I didn't.. they just figured show up and get a bid.. nope :)

I am on the flip side.. my team fell all over the floor, looked like they learned the routine the day before, etc and the other teams hit or hit good enough... HA... they thought bids were a freebie until then. Felt bad for them, but honestly, I didn't.. they just figured show up and get a bid.. nope :)
we swore we weren't going to get a bid and they gave them to the first and second place teams and apperently the third team we were going against dropped out. so we got a bid. and embarassed ourselves at nationals. the video haunts me to this day.

Back