College Uca Video Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 4, 2012
Does anyone have any of the videos that were used as entries for partner stunting? I would love it if y'all could post them here so we can get a feel for the athletes that are competing.

Thank you

Most teams don't post them online anywhere, probably so people can't look and be "suzy and bobby have this stunt so we need to add in this stunt to beat them," Because there still is a decent amount of time between now and UCA to change things around/clean things up. I'm glad most teams don't because I'm afraid it would become a battle of trying to beat other teams instead of perfecting what you know and can execute and being the best you can be.
Only exception to this is the stunt group from UTSA (who is ranked first.) Not sure why they posted it their bid tape online because as of now they're the team to beat and this lets all of their competitors know what they're up against.

Only exception to this is the stunt group from UTSA (who is ranked first.) Not sure why they posted it their bid tape online because as of now they're the team to beat and this lets all of their competitors know what they're up against.
I'm glad they did, I love watching them! :)

I'm glad they did, I love watching them! :)
Haha, me too! They're freaking amazing! But if I were in their shoes I personally wouldn't. I like to keep my tricks up my sleeve and kill it at UCA and blow everyone away! If they hit, they will be hard to beat.
Though, I was watching earlier videos of them, and it looks like they did the same routine at NCA… So. I don't really know what the rules are for stunt groups, like if you have to do the routine you sent in or if you can change it, or if they're going to do the same routine. Can't wait for UCA!

Haha, me too! They're freaking amazing! But if I were in their shoes I personally wouldn't. I like to keep my tricks up my sleeve and kill it at UCA and blow everyone away! If they hit, they will be hard to beat.
Though, I was watching earlier videos of them, and it looks like they did the same routine at NCA… So. I don't really know what the rules are for stunt groups, like if you have to do the routine you sent in or if you can change it, or if they're going to do the same routine. Can't wait for UCA!
Really the same exact routine? That's interesting! I kinda see why they posted it, to show off how fabulous they are and maybe to show everyone that this is what they need to bead but I'd probably keep it a secret too.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Really the same exact routine? That's interesting! I kinda see why they posted it, to show off how fabulous they are and maybe to show everyone that this is what they need to bead but I'd probably keep it a secret too.

Well they had a fall in the beginning, so they don't have the full around bow and arrow, but they also posted the same routine back in April that says in the about section "to be completed at 2013 NCA College Nationals."
Here's their UCA Bid:

And the one from April:

Well they had a fall in the beginning, so they don't have the full around bow and arrow, but they also posted the same routine back in April that says in the about section "to be completed at 2013 NCA College Nationals."
Here's their UCA Bid:

And the one from April:

Hmm I wonder what the rules in that are and if they will have another stunt group compete at NCA.

Hmm I wonder what the rules in that are and if they will have another stunt group compete at NCA.

Going through the rules for it, there's nothing that says you can't change it… And going through eligibility rules, I just found that you can only represent ONE school per year, like you can't compete at UCA, transfer, then compete at NCA. Nothing that says you can't compete at both for the same school. S0 I dunno.

Here's their UCA Bid:

And the one from April:

For some reason it seems like different flyers to me? Or is it just different angles and hair. I thought the flyer in the older video seemed more flexible. Or maybe its the same girl and I'm just crazy!

I would love to know what I'm up against and if I was in the top group, I would continue to try and add more and make it even harder. I think it's just as much of a benefit to the top ranked group as it is to everyone else. This way, they now how close the running is and it could help motivate them even more. I just wish beyond thought that way so we would have more videos!

For some reason it seems like different flyers to me? Or is it just different angles and hair. I thought the flyer in the older video seemed more flexible. Or maybe its the same girl and I'm just crazy!
Now watching it too, it does look like a different flyer, but I compared the names to the NCA group stunt 2013 results and the UCA 2014 bid results and they're the same. So, I guess she just changed her hair. But you wouldn't happen to know if groups can change their routine or do they have to stick with what they sent in? Because it seems a little weird to use the same stunt routine for two seasons.

Now watching it too, it does look like a different flyer, but I compared the names to the NCA group stunt 2013 results and the UCA 2014 bid results and they're the same. So, I guess she just changed her hair. But you wouldn't happen to know if groups can change their routine or do they have to stick with what they sent in? Because it seems a little weird to use the same stunt routine for two seasons.
I don't specifically know in this situation. I do know that for high school nationals your not supposed to change your routine from the video submitted. If you do you're supposed to re-submit a new video. I don't know that this is really enforced though because we have changed our routine every year without re-submitting a video. Also with high school nationals anyone that submits a tape for group stunt performs the exact routine submitted. It's set up very differently from college nationals group stunt though. This situation however I feel is more like a qualifying video so I would assume thats more of like the old college skill tapes, in which you could change, you were just showing that you were skilled enough to get invited. That was a very long winded way to say, I don't know but I would assume you can change the routine !

Back