All-Star Uh, How Do You Fit It All In During High School?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Luckily my rising junior isn't interested in to many far off places. Three of her choices are right outside our backdoor (UT Arlington, TCU, and UNT). Right now UT-Arlington is in the front because it has both an education major and a minor in Korean that she is looking for. All 3 also have dance teams she really likes. She has also shown interest in ASU which is my alma mater so she pretty much grew up on campus while I got my nursing degree but they have no drill or dance team.
We are trying to keep the visits down to only colleges she is actually interested in attending so she doesn't have to stretch her time so much.

It can be done. College visits we scheduled during the summer. Granted, all of hers were in state. She went to one clinic at the school she was interested in cheeeing at. She went to tryouts and it was the week before worlds but it worked out with practice that weekend. She ended up cheering in college 4 years. Went to Nationals. Won. Etc. I will say. Our college coach does take video submissions for tryouts bc he knows the kids he wants are most likely on worlds teams and in serious practice mode. He also went to a couple gyms this weekend to hold tryouts bc he knows those kids could not make it to town for tryouts. My CP missed a few senior events in HS bc of AS but that last year of cheer really prepped her for college. Good luck!
Good to know! We had and will have the conflicts because all of the colleges involved are 1,000 miles away or more. In our experience, many colleges do not take video submissions at all for tryouts and not being there for the full tryout process puts you at a huge disadvantage. It really does depend on the college location relative to yours and what their requirements are. Glad some make it work!

Back