All-Star Under Sports Bras?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree with you, most "sports bras" provided and designed for cheerleading are more for show. Real sports bras are supposed to squeez/flatten/tighten the breast so that when you run, jump, any giggling motions, that causes the breast to move up and down, the bra keeps the motion/movement of the breast to a minimum which reduces the pain. So young women, please wear real sports bras under your costumes to protect yourself. Please do not worry about the vanity, it is not worth it in the long run.
I hope that just plain giggling would not affect the type of bra you need, but if you are jiggling, it may be a bra issue, but you did make me giggle-he he!!

I hope that just plain giggling would not affect the type of bra you need, but if you are jiggling, it may be a bra issue, but you did make me giggle-he he!!
lol....thanks for the correction...

i can't imagine wearing just one sports bra, ours is so thin and have no support. I wear two or even three sometimes depending.

I have my few sports bras that are rhinestoned and I like to wear those to practice but I still need the support of a regular sports bra. I have maybe a dozen C9 sports bras from Target. All different colors. Maybe $12 and does the trick. At practice, who cares what you look like? Unless you're being photographed or something, just use what works and is comfortable.

I always need tons of padding. Even though I'm still growing, I have one lady friend that's like, 2 cup sizes larger than her other lady friend, so it's always super difficult to find a kid's bra with padding. Also, who wants nipplitis? Someone help :)

I was reading through the thread and skimmed over your name and thought it said "celulite"... I think it's bed time. My brain is clearly tired.

I usually dont wear anything under my sports bra because I tend to look for good, supportive ones but when I was in a rush at Forever 21 I was looking at sports bras and got one without trying it one. Although it does have padding which gives it a bit more support, I feel like i need a bra under that one unfortunately. But, their sports bras apparently come in different degrees of support and this one is said to have "mild support"

i can not wear any sports bras i have tried without a regualr bra under it.. i have a larger chest and it needs to be supported! I normaly wear a strapless bra under so you cant see the straps though

I would think that underwire under a constricting sports bra would be uncomfortable AND unhealthy. I've read that wearing an underwire to bed is unhealthy, so I would assume that the compression from the sports bra on the wires could create a problem for your breasts.

Having had 3 kids and nursed each for over a year - I will tell you I HAD !!!!!! to wear a bra to bed because that is the one time in my life I could give Dolly Parton a run for her money on bra size. They even have special maternity/nursing night time bras. As for the wires causing compression on milk ducts etc... might hurt the ribs but based on wear mine hit not really compressing against milk ducts. Personally I have worn a regular bra under my jog bra - more now than I used to because with age and gravity I need more support than my old jog bras gave - but I may check out a few mentioned on here :)

I'm a 32dd and never wear anything under my sports bra, if you're well endowned purchasing a good quality sports bra is key for comfort while doing sports.

ta ta tamer ii | women's bras | lululemon athletica

This one is my favorite for extra support, looks like a regular bra and comes in bra sizes. Worth the $$ for sure.
Lululemon, I LOVE that place. Don't even get me started on the coziness of scuba hoodies . . . :cheering:

Lululemon, I LOVE that place. Don't even get me started on the coziness of scuba hoodies . . . :cheering:
I am a huge lululemon fan, the quality is soo great all the items I bought a few years ago are just as nice as the newer stuff

Back