All-Star Unified Scoring System Now Available

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

75% vs 100% gets you the cap of that part of the scoring. After that the score can be driven up by difficulty, execution, etc. You have two standing parts, sync and non sync. Once you get into level 3 you start seeing the jump to tumbling skills. As for running it is passes which are cumulative throughout the routine. It is about the pass not the skill. It's an elite pass. So in level 2 ro/bhs step out ro/bhs is not an elite pass. It is the same thing twice. So they want to see a pass, fwo, ro, bwo, bhs. etc. That is the pass. It was designed by Jam and Varsity together and the good thing is that many of the IEPs are using them. I am almost positive those that are part of the ONE will use it. We never really wanted the USASF to make the scoring grid. They are for our safety. You want the USASF, Andre, Les and those who work tirelessly on this for safety. You don't want them to have to be there for a scoring grid. It would be a catch 22. One Universal Score Sheet, decided upon by the EP, which is within the safety guidelines of the USASF. This will help judges be able to stick with one scoring system. Is it perfect? No, Is it a step in the right direction? Definitely.

I just wish it could/would say "X" will max. I mean that's really what everyone wants to know. Not saying every team can achieve it nor does that mean tech will max but just let us all know what will max in difficulty.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I just wish it could/would say "X" will max. I mean that's really what everyone wants to know. Not saying every team can achieve it nor does that mean tech will max but just let us all know what will max in difficulty.

That would be very helpful. Then you could see who was cleaner or executed it better.

And there should be.
There should always be subjectivity. There is in all sanctioned sports. Anyone who has ever coached and set on a judging panel knows that sometimes a routine is just better. It is cleaner, flows, choreographed well and entertaining. That has to count. Certain skills should count for more if done correctly. I can tell you which stunt positions are harder to pull. A Scorpion is harder than an Arabesque. Now a one armed, crooked, leg 90 degrees with back bent back Scorpion is not better than a straight leg, perfect lined Arabesque. So putting a difficulty on something that is not clean is impossible. If we say that a Scorpion has a start value of 8 and an Arabesque is 6, but the latter is perfect and gets 6 but the Scorpion is crappy and gets a 6.5. Then you are rewarding for trying. Again, we are back to subjectivity. So IMHO it should be a cleanly executed Scorpion should score higher than a cleanly executed Arabesque. No fixed number but a list of hardest to easiest Body Positions. We have them in Jumps. The ones that count are Hurdler, T. Touch and Pike. Those are it. Double beats Full. We should have a list of hardest to easiest in each division, some will be universal, but the subjectivity should be execution and cleanliness. This is one thing I like about the new score sheet. It is more about the pass than the skill (love), the stunt than the body position(love). Then making sure it all flows and is choreographed well. That is a must. Dance is a forgotten portion. We have skilled it out of a routine almost. Subjectivity is going to level the playing field. This scoring sheet will level the playing field. It will be good.

This has also been adopted in the UK by 4 EPs (Jamfest, Scotcheer, Legacy- new for the upcoming season, and ACDC). The 3 most prominent EPs (who follow USASF rules) look to be sticking to their own for the time being, but maybe if they see it work well this season they'll switch for next year. It is currently a pain because it's near enough impossible to do your entire season here with one EP if you want to stay in roughly the same area so it means changing your routine maybe multiple times through the season to hit each scoresheet. So fingers crossed they do decide to use it soon!

This has also been adopted in the UK by 4 EPs (Jamfest, Scotcheer, Legacy- new for the upcoming season, and ACDC). The 3 most prominent EPs (who follow USASF rules) look to be sticking to their own for the time being, but maybe if they see it work well this season they'll switch for next year. It is currently a pain because it's near enough impossible to do your entire season here with one EP if you want to stay in roughly the same area so it means changing your routine maybe multiple times through the season to hit each scoresheet. So fingers crossed they do decide to use it soon!
I really do hope they adopt it. I'm setting our comp schedule soon and it may impact just which comps we go to, I'd much prefer to just keep competing on the one score sheet. FC are pretty close with Varsity, so fingers crossed they will adopt and if they do ICC will as well. Which will just leave BCA and UKCA on their own, but really who goes to UKCA anyway!?!

Are you referring to difficulty? Tech & Creativity I can agree subjectivity should be allowed. Difficulty, I do NOT believe there should be ANY subjectivity.

I was referring to the score sheet/system in general.

If you want difficulty to be objective present a completed COP. Until then it can't be.

If you want difficulty to be objective present a completed COP. Until then it can't be.
Ahh you beat me to it lol! A COP would be GREAT, maybe on flights this summer I can get one for next season.

Ahh you beat me to it lol! A COP would be GREAT, maybe on flights this summer I can get one for next season.

Has anyone ever discussed or presented a COP before? When a COP is being discussed are we talking individual body position, skill, etc? Or are we talking about elements into it? That could be limitless. example...heel stretch is 5 pts. Now if you went to full up heel stretch, or bhs rebound to sponge/fullup/heel stretch. I love the idea for a COP, my question is how in depth?

Has anyone ever discussed or presented a COP before? When a COP is being discussed are we talking individual body position, skill, etc? Or are we talking about elements into it? That could be limitless. example...heel stretch is 5 pts. Now if you went to full up heel stretch, or bhs rebound to sponge/fullup/heel stretch. I love the idea for a COP, my question is how in depth?

It's been discussed for years. It's never been written therefore could not be presented. This is why I suggest writing it so it could be presented.

I'll defer to the proponents of it answering the question regarding the level of detail needed. I'm a proponent in theory but don't think it will be written in a way it can be effectively implemented in my lifetime.

It's been discussed for years. It's never been written therefore could not be presented. This is why I suggest writing it so it could be presented.

I'll defer to the proponents of it answering the question regarding the level of detail needed. I'm a proponent in theory but don't think it will be written in a way it can be effectively implemented in my lifetime.
Challenge accepted (in my spare time lol)

Back