Uniform Smaller

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 4, 2011
Is it possible to get your uniform tailored smaller? I think I'm losing weight and I need it to be smaller but I don't want to buy a whole new one.

Some gyms have a day when people can trade their uniforms with each other to get one that fits better for the new season, or if your gym doesn't do that, it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they know anyone who may be looking for a bigger one who you could trade with.

It's possible but might be quite expensive depending on the design. Your best bet would be to talk to a bridal salon and see who they recommend for tailoring. Once you have an estimate you can decide if it's worth it or not. If the beading/sequins need to be moved, it will be more expensive.

We had my cp's sized-down. Cost about $25. But have them leave the extra material so it can be let-out if need be.

My CP had her uniform sized smaller last year and it turned out great. We took it to a seamstress who I had used many times for some other alterations, so I knew and trusted her work already when I took her uniform in to get altered.

I've had everything from cheerleading uniforms, to showchoir dresses, to homecomming taken in. It can be done. The only thing I would be worried about is if your team's uni has any sort of pattern or image on the seam that it might not meet up, or might not look the same

Back