High School Uniforms & Fees

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't understand how coaches can make their kids buy all of these things. Like I get it, you need certain things the first year... but after that, why not just keep those things the same? There is no reason that a team needs 5 bows. Judges do not judge on the number of outfit changes a team has. My worst fear is having a girl have to quit because she cannot pay for cheer. Hasn't happened yet, but i'm constantly trying to cut costs.

I agree. We are given $750 every 5 (or 6) years to purchase uniforms with, everything else has to be paid by fundraisers. We aren't supposed to get uniforms until next year, but ours are falling apart and we don't have enough for the new squad so we must come up with an additional $1000 just to cover uniforms after we pay the other $1200 we have in our account. I'm stressing trying to figure out how to pay for competition fees, music, we need more mats, we need two more sets of poms (which are owned by the school, not paid for by the cheerleaders), and then all the misc. stuff you run into. Our cheerleaders must pay for camp, team shirts, spankies, socks, shoes, and bows themselves. I keep the costs minimum ususally only 1 or 2 team shirts at $10 a piece, spankies they order how ever many pairs they want, socks are usually just plain black and cost about $4 a pair, bows, we get two usually but only $10-15$ a piece, and shoes usually run about $50. Camp is a big cost and that's why usually they just have to reimburse the cheer account by the end of summer, but not sure what to do this year. Our school has said that if a cheerleader cannot afford their stuff to talk to them as they have money set aside for those instances which is great because I had a girl this past year that we did that with, i Couldn't have imagined the year without her. It's tough! When I cheered Sports Boosters paid for everything but our personal items like bows, socks, spankies, and shoes, we fundraised by helping Sports Boosters raise money at their events, never having to do stuff on our own.

Back