All-Star University Of Alabama...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 5, 2010
There has been some crazy threats towards the University of Alabama, specifically, the greek life. I refuse to take this lightly as to the recent event of college shootings such as the one in california. If you need more information on it, simply google University of Alabama.

I am very closely related with not only many of my close friends who go there and are flying home this weekend for the fact they're either moving back home or staying away for a bit, but also, someone VERY close to me has a daughter down there. I'm not putting this in the prayer requests because this needs more attention.

I just hope that whoever is sending out these emails threatening a day of "retribution" get caught. It's causing great anxiety for many.

I know some students there who are involved in sororities and it is a horrible situation. I agree, these on-line threats need to be taken very seriously and if caught the criminals need to be prosecuted with maximum penalties. I do hope the person(s) will be caught soon and the students at UA can enjoy campus life again.

Maybe I shouldn't "go there" (topic-wise), but.... was there actually racism involved in rushing? Or was it a numbers thing (i.e. blacks less likely to get in because they are in the slim minority)?

Maybe I shouldn't "go there" (topic-wise), but.... was there actually racism involved in rushing? Or was it a numbers thing (i.e. blacks less likely to get in because they are in the slim minority)?

As with much in Alabama, there was lingering institutional issues. It came to a head last year when some advisors blackballed some black girls from rushing historically white sororities. They got called out on it by the student leaders of the sororities and a lot got cleaned up. There was a concerted effort this year and a pretty good number of girls were accepted regardless of race.

In other words, this year was a huge step in fixing the problem. The process was torn away from some of the old time idiots.

So now is a bizarre time for this to happen.

Last edited:
As with much in Alabama, there was lingering institutional issues. It came to a head last year when some advisors blackballed some black girls from rushing historically white sororities. They got called out on it by the student leaders of the sororities and a lot got cleaned up. There was a concerted effort this year and a pretty good number of girls were accepted regardless of race.

In other words, this year was a huge step in fixing the problem. The process was torn away from some of the old time idiots.

So now is a bizarre time for this to happen.
There was some progress but then someone took it back a bit.. University Of Alabama Sorority Kicks Out Member For Sending Racist Snapchat [Language warning!]

Institutional progress. There will never be an absence of individual stupidity at any level. And she was kicked out.
Progress is definitely happening and I am pleased. I'm also glad this was exposed so people like her can't be in a place to institutionalize racism like what had happened in previous years.

Institutional progress. There will never be an absence of individual stupidity at any level. And she was kicked out.
There was also some discussion as to if that snapchat might have been altered after the fact. I know at one point she was claiming she didn't send it in that form and it said something else. I don't know how true it was, but I know it was discussed that someone who didn't get a bid was suspected of hacking her and altering it.

Prayers for the students and faculty at the school.

As for the snapchat... I've heard it was sent prior to this year's recruitment and/or was edited after the fact. I believe it was after last fall's recruitment and came out this year. Regardless of when it was done, it was extremely inappropriate and doesn't represent the sorority as a whole. I am a member of this organization from a different chapter. I feel that our national handled this swiftly and appropriately. They immediately put out releases to address the situation publicly and within in the sisterhood. This young woman was immediately removed from the organization, and isn't the type of person that our sorority looks to have represent us. My sorority is known for a diverse group of strong, confident women regardless of race or religion. I hate that there may be someone out there who thinks differently because of one prior members actions.

Back