College University Of Louisville Coed Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Joe

Apr 18, 2011
Im a jr in high school and i wanna tryout for louisville's large coed (when im able to) so can anyone tell me what are some of the coed stunt requirements i should have

I know for tumbling i should have at least a double full specialty pass if i even hope to make the team

Im a jr in high school and i wanna tryout for louisville's large coed (when im able to) so can anyone tell me what are some of the coed stunt requirements i should have

I know for tumbling i should have at least a double full specialty pass if i even hope to make the team

Double Fulls are not allowed at College Nationals.

i know that but dont expect to make it as a tumbler for louisville without 1

I am in no means an expert or know exactly what they require, but I would say solid rewinds, front handspring ups, and fullups would probably put you in a good position.

Reactions: Joe
I would say they would like for someone to be able to rewind, toss, and full up but not sure if it is necessarily required. Since you are just a junior in high school and still have another year the requirements could change in that year depending on what types of stunts are thrown by other schools next year.

As far as tumbling there is a video on youtube of the guys at tryouts and the passes that they threw which could give you an idea of what types of passes you could work on.

If you are a stunter you are not expected to do a double full, that actually sounds quite dangerous! But if you can stunt and do a standing back at least (not all stunters have one but its suggested) that would be all necessary for tumbling. if you are trying out as a tumbler, you need to be able to 2man stunt (rewinds, fulls up, FHS up,etc) and if you can single base stunt at all its suggested, and having a double isnt required, but when majority of the boys and some girls are running and standing tumbling to double on the hard floor at try outs one might feel obligated. the tumbling varies each year at try outs. And if you cant do a double so be it, show that you can stunt, and do clean passes to single full. :) hope this helps

Note: main thing make sure you are coed stunting. single base and 2 man. only 2 tumblers didnt toss stunts in the routine Large Coeds routine and thats because there werent enough girls

Note: main thing make sure you are coed stunting. single base and 2 man. only 2 tumblers didnt toss stunts in the routine Large Coeds routine and thats because there werent enough girls

ok thank
I was a gymnast first so i can tumble and when i tried coed stunting i was really good. I really wanna get on the team so im gonna try to get the requirements for both the tumblers and stunters. Its like the perfect school for me it has a beast cheer team, premed, and its not in my state.

try and watch videos of people trying out or just of the team competing! you'll be able to see the type of stunts they do and maybe work towards those! good luck!

Back