Music Unoriginal Music Mixers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 5, 2014
I really dont understand why some amateur mixers take clips from other people mixes.

This mix on SoundCloud by CheerMixesByLauren : Grundy Center Spartans 1:00 Mix by cheermixesbylauren | Free Listening on SoundCloud
has clips from my mix in it

Heres my mix

Shes not the only person who has a mix with clips of my work in it.
I just don't understand why people do this.
Its pretty annoying to me that people cant be original.
Ive mixed since 08' and have never took clips from others mixes to put in mine and Ive made some pretty awful mixes.
Ive always mixed from scratch...do people who do this usually get away with it?
I would think a mixer who does this wouldnt get far considering there work isnt original.
It just upsets me.

I really dont understand why some amateur mixers take clips from other people mixes.

This mix on SoundCloud by CheerMixesByLauren : Grundy Center Spartans 1:00 Mix by cheermixesbylauren | Free Listening on SoundCloud
has clips from my mix in it

Heres my mix

Shes not the only person who has a mix with clips of my work in it.
I just don't understand why people do this.
Its pretty annoying to me that people cant be original.
Ive mixed since 08' and have never took clips from others mixes to put in mine and Ive made some pretty awful mixes.
Ive always mixed from scratch...do people who do this usually get away with it?
I would think a mixer who does this wouldnt get far considering there work isnt original.
It just upsets me.

I can see how it'd be annoying, but it happens. if you go to worlds and watch international teams (specifically ICU), you'll hear a lot of senior elite, shooting stars, etc. in their music.

I can see how it'd be annoying, but it happens. if you go to worlds and watch international teams (specifically ICU), you'll hear a lot of senior elite, shooting stars, etc. in their music.
I'd be embarrassed as a music producer if I put others peoples clips in my own music and they competed at huge comps like that.

I'd be embarrassed as a music producer if I put others peoples clips in my own music and they competed at huge comps like that.
Lots of teams in other countries don't have people with the training to make a good cheer mix. Jamaica, for example, has a lot of amazing DJs, but they do club mixes, not cheer mixes.

Over here, a lot of the programmes are non profit, and putting out hundreds of hundreds of dollars for music isn't really ideal. It probably isn't bought, a lot of coaches "has" to just piece together other mixes to have anything at all. So it's not really other producers taking stuff, I'd say it's more normal coaches..

If you think about it, all cheer music people "borrow/steal" music, sound effects, etc. Isn't that part of the issue with mixes not being played on shows or CL which airs nationally? Music mixers aren't paying for the use of others' products.

Over here, a lot of the programmes are non profit, and putting out hundreds of hundreds of dollars for music isn't really ideal. It probably isn't bought, a lot of coaches "has" to just piece together other mixes to have anything at all. So it's not really other producers taking stuff, I'd say it's more normal coaches..
Ive heard peices of my mixes on sounclous that 2 music mixers have used but I know coaches do that....definitely

If you think about it, all cheer music people "borrow/steal" music, sound effects, etc. Isn't that part of the issue with mixes not being played on shows or CL which airs nationally? Music mixers aren't paying for the use of others' products.
I sell my mixes on LegitMix which is legal. Using sound effects in mixes isnt illegal....CL is a movie, so they would have to get permision from the actual artist or music company to put it in the movie.
Some of us mixers arent sitting here and saying "oh I made this mix and the songs I used are mine also"
But there are some mixers like "CheerMixesByLauren who are using others mixes and saying "I made this mix" no u used others mixes and put them together.
Just like when people make remixes they don't claim the song they only claim the remix.
Cheer mixing isnt fully legal Im sure but its tacky when people take others cheer music and cut it and put it in theres.

Back