All-Star Unprofessional To Communicate Via Facebook?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's VERY unprofessional to use it as your sole means of communication. A girl that I coach went to college tryouts recently and was wearing the wrong thing. Why? Because the clothing guidelines were listed on their Facebook page, but not on their official university website (where all the tryout skills requirements, times, locations and paperwork were listed). She felt like a total booty being out of "uniform" as an incoming freshman, and in her feedback from the coach she was told that it looked like she didn't follow directions. She told the coach that the information wasn't on the website, and the coach told her it was on Facebook. She told the coach that she had given up Facebook for Lent.

Also to consider is that many people give up facebook for certain reasons (lots of people give it up for lent or during finals/midterms). Lots of people would miss out if it were the sole means of communication. Plus facebook blurs that weird line between public/private so I think it depends on what you're using it for..

that is/was me. and that's why i'm upset, because i'm pretty much being punished for trying to eliminate a distraction in my life (and immature people...) and there are other means of communication. facebook is okay to reiterate, but not as the sole means of communication.

that is/was me. and that's why i'm upset, because i'm pretty much being punished for trying to eliminate a distraction in my life (and immature people...) and there are other means of communication. facebook is okay to reiterate, but not as the sole means of communication.

In that case I would say yes it is definitely unprofessional to communicate solely via Facebook.

I knew UCA staff was using facebook for their tryouts for quite a while now. and not ONCE did I say, oh i dont think they should be doing it.

Well at our gym most everything is updated on the website we have.
Like when the gym closes due to extreme weather conditions it gets listed on there. It is also posted on the owners personal Facebook page. We have a fan page someone on the team made but it doesn't really get used! We also get a mass text from the owner with it which is my personal favorite so I don't have to keep refreshing every 15 mins to see if it's closed or not!

I don't really check my email but like once every 3 days but that's ok the most things we really get in email are like competition info like what time you have to be there and warm up times and all that. We also get it at practice the week before the competition because it's always printed out and they give one to everyone with all the teams schedules so you have a paper copy! However once I do get it In my email I save it since I have an iPhone that way I can refer to that at competition and not have to worry bout the paper!

I wouldn't like it as the only means of communication but facebook is ok with me! Personally l like mass text messages unless it's to much info then email!

Back