All-Star Unusual Fundraisers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlueCat

Roses are red, cats are blue
Dec 14, 2009
What are some unique ways that your team has come up with to raise money? We all know about car washes, etc. - what are some of out-of-the-box ideas that have worked?

CA is trying something different for it's international coed team. They are auctioning off one of their NCA Jackets that has been customized.

NCA CHAMPIONSHIP ALLSTAR CHEERLEADING JACKET, VERY,VERY RARE!!!! | eBay

I am curious if anyone else has had success with anything that we may not have thought of yet.

I don't think it is out of the box but it works very well for us - Scrip cards. First time I had seen it used with a gym and we love it.

Other things I have seen work very well in the past are the advanced teams holding stunting clinics for the younger teams, babysitting services or drop and shop days, selling weekly healthy dinners at the gym - parents sign up to provide it and clean up,

lock in at the gyms, the senior lvl 5 hold them and the parents drop off their kids for the night (if theyre comfortable with that) and the kids bond with the older girls/guys and they get to work on their skills with the older ones.

we've done a zumba-thon (zumba instructor came in for a minimal fee) which was open to anyone. had a good turnout of parents, athletes, and friends. and it's a good workout. i think we charged $5 a person and donations were welcome. Did pretty well and you can switch the zumba to boxing or any other fitness-type class.

bagging at a local grocery store. the local shoprite allows sports teams to come in and bag groceries for their customers. i think we got $40 or so dollars a "shift." i don't think there are shoprite's in texas but it wouldn't hurt to ask around. the athletes signed up for shifts and those who were willing made enough for almost a whole season.

we got sponsorships who names were printed on the team's tshirt

pasta parties after the last practice before competitions. people volunteered to bring in food and they alternated each time.. but one would bring a tray a of baked ziti, meatballs, salad, drinks, etc. nothing crazy, but charge guests $2 - $5 and invite the whole gym.

I don't live in texas, but i know there is an abundance of professional sports teams. if you have parents/athletes willing to participate.. we've been able to work concessions/tickets/kids activities at some sporting events, and like the grocery bagging idea, they were paid for their shifts. It adds up if you're willing to do it

sell customizable car decals with athletes name/sport or maybe a CA logo? We had a table at the high school football game where parents could customize the decal/magnet for their car. i believe we used allsportsdesigns.com ? they offer a fundraising discount

not necessarily the most original ideas, but maybe they'll get your creativity flowing. good luck :)

this has nothing to do with cheer, but at my high school the freshman are currently blasting justin bieber through the intercom during passing periods and ppl pay money to make it go off and when it gets to a certain amount they will stop playing JB hahah its very strange.

also, just remembered we used to do candy/flower-grams for holidays. a little short notice but you could do that for valentines day. you pay to send a valentine (candy/carnation/whatever you choose) to others in the gym.

if that's too short of notice you could always do a good luck charm/St. Patrick's day version

this has nothing to do with cheer, but at my high school the freshman are currently blasting justin bieber through the intercom during passing periods and ppl pay money to make it go off and when it gets to a certain amount they will stop playing JB hahah its very strange.

I love this! Oh this is so hilarious! So how much does it cost to get the Beebs turned off?

What would be funny is if one of the other sports teams planned a flash mob dance to one of the songs during the passing period!

we got sponsorships who names were printed on the team's tshirt

I don't know if it'll ever happen, or even if it's legal, but I'm waiting for the first all-star cheer squad to be "sponsored" by a large company and have the company logo prominently displayed on the team's uniform when they take the mat. Like an MLS or EPL soccer jersey.

Our gym's fundraising isn't really out of the box, but it's pretty effective. Besides the annual competition we host, we do a variety of traditional paper fundraisers (everything from flowers to donuts) and as mentioned above, offer to work arena/stadium concessions.

Taco in a bag! If it is done right you can make a lot of money. You will need parent volunteers to cook the meat and run the stand. This fundraiser is a long standing tradition at Twisters.

I don't know if it'll ever happen, or even if it's legal, but I'm waiting for the first all-star cheer squad to be "sponsored" by a large company and have the company logo prominently displayed on the team's uniform when they take the mat. Like an MLS or EPL soccer jersey.

Our gym's fundraising isn't really out of the box, but it's pretty effective. Besides the annual competition we host, we do a variety of traditional paper fundraisers (everything from flowers to donuts) and as mentioned above, offer to work arena/stadium concessions.
I may be mistaken, but hasn't Nfinity sponsored a team(s)?

I may be mistaken, but hasn't Nfinity sponsored a team(s)?

They have. their logo is small, but on the stringray's uniform. they've also sponsored cheerforce, which is why they have a team named nfinity. I believe there are multiple other gyms who get discounted shoes, as well.

I've actually heard of this being worked on with a gym currently.

But i have always thought that as well. People do sponsor shirts which are great because you wear it outside of the competition, but if cheerleaders are your demographic, then a logo on the uniform could be great. I don't think there is anything illegal against.

Also, I believe Bangkok had samsung sponsor them this past year? I recall a logo on a girls arm falling off.

My team have done living mannequins in a clothing store in our local shopping centre. We all took in turns of groups of 3/4 to wear the stores clothes and stand in the shop window for a couple songs, whilst others were outside the shop in our kits and buckets for people going past to put money in :) We also got given a discount off the clothes we wore during the day!
We've also done bag packing and held bingo/quiz nights :)

Back