All-Star Unusual Size For Stunt Positions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

F!ERCE

Cheer Parent
Mar 23, 2010
Going off of the "my backspot's so short..." thread, if you are an odd size for your stunt position (i.e. a very short backspot, really tall flyer, etc.), could you share your height/size? IDK why I'm so curious about this, but I am.

Would also be helpful if you could mention what age bracket and what level you fall into.

I backspot on a senior team...and I'm 5 ft 2! I don't back the whole routine (based the pyramid, based the baskets, based the 2 man lib section) , but I backed the Libs section all season. I actually love backing, I was new to it this year (I've based/fronted/flown before, but never backed!)

Last year we were Sr 2, but since the end of the season we've been working on Sr 3/4 stuff. Not sure what level we'll be next year, but I'm sure I'll be backing still!

I main based for my first two years (at like age 11/12)...and I was like 4'9 haha. I was a shorty, but super strong :chestbump:

I'm 5'4" and I back. It doesn't sound that short, but the rest of my team is unusually tall haha. I still back because I just have alot of experience so I know how to save a stunt or make a stunt hit in so many ways. I've also backed all of our flyers on my high school team at one time or another because of allstars, so I really know how each flyer works and what to do to make them hit better.

I'm 5'6, so I've backed since I started in 6th grade and I'm a really strong back, but I hate it! I started basing in allstars this year. Im the 3rd tallest on my team but girls shorter than me back instead of me because their arms are longer/reach higher. So now I main base and I love it so much.

At school, one of my bases is shorter than me but has longer arms and the other is taller and still has longer arms. So I can't reach my stunt at all. It makes me so mad! Cause my coach is kind of stubborn and won't switch me :(

im 5'3 so im kinda short but all my main bases would have to be taller than me because i have really really long arms for my height so our stunt group always looked like a staircase..

I can back but I mainly fly and I'm 5'1 5'2ish. People don't trust me to back them because of how short I am but I'm really good at it and will be the first one under you.

i'm 5'6" and back. although, when i was a freshman our flyer was bigger than everyone in the group...height, weight, and size 10 feet!! she was a great flyer though and really held her weight well, we rarely had a problem... level 5 stunting

im 5'2 my other base was like 5'1 my flyer was like 4'9 and my backspot was like 5'3

but for the basket when i went in the air my main base was like 5'5 the other base was 5'9 and had enormous shoulders and my backspot she was around 5'7 5'8

Im 5'7 and base, all of the flyers on my team are taller than me, and weigh a few pound less than me.

Back