All-Star Us Finals Event Qualifiers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

alpaca

Cheer Parent
Apr 21, 2017
I know we've talked about when teams start actually competing and how the comps seem to be starting earlier and earlier in the year.

I just looked at US Finals website and saw that qualifiers start as early as August 6th. It blows my mind that teams would have uniforms and a full routine literally weeks after the prior season ended. It doesn't allow any time for vacations or kids who are new to the sport to learn much. Am I missing something?

I know we've talked about when teams start actually competing and how the comps seem to be starting earlier and earlier in the year.

I just looked at US Finals website and saw that qualifiers start as early as August 6th. It blows my mind that teams would have uniforms and a full routine literally weeks after the prior season ended. It doesn't allow any time for vacations or kids who are new to the sport to learn much. Am I missing something?
Wow that's crazy!! Our gym has a showcase in late October and our first competition generally is in November. School where I am at starts around August 19-22nd etc. That's way too early. We generally do not have our uniforms either. Way too early in my opinion!

I wonder what gyms are going to those early competitions. Maybe gyms/teams that didn't go to Summit? We used to end our season in March and routines were finalized by the summer, but now team placements aren't until after Summit and routines and music aren't anywhere near comp ready by August.

Quite a few gyms down south end their season in March after NCA.

OK, I didn't know that. I fell victim to the idea that everyone did things the way I am familiar with.

Still, there are comps on Sept and Oct that are within driving distance for us which feels a bit early. Plenty of small gyms around me have relaxed summer schedules and don't start to take things seriously until school starts.

But I think that there could be opportunity in the early comps. With fewer teams to compete against, getting a gold bid to set the tone of the season could be great.

Actually, we are in the SouthEast and I can't think of a single gym around here that ends after NCA. Only the very largest gyms in our area actually GO to NCA. Cheersport has more teams from our area. I can't think of a single gym that isn't gunning for a D1 or D2 Summit bid, and will keep fighting for it until the bitter end. Battle at the Beach used to be the end (late March/early April) but Summit changed that. There are even bid events in April.

We won't even have our choreography until the end of August - always surprised these other gyms starting so early. We finished last season mid-May..

Back