Us Finals, What A Mess!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yess!! Finals this year was ridiculousss! I'm sure the video was not MEANT to be offensivee, but they should have worded it differentlyy, I was really diappointed with thee outcome of finalss and being thereee.

As I have already said, I didn't find the video to be offensive. That video and those white jackets motivated my teams from the day they were released, so pretty much all season. I teach my teams that their biggest goal is hitting a routine with no deductions. From there, any jackets, tshirts, banners, etc. are all a bonus.

Competitions have to hype their event, and that's what the video was for. Ultimately, it's a competitive sport, so they can promote it however they want. Likewise, your program can decide to attend (or not attend) if you don't like the product. IMHO, my teams need to understand that the best team should win- whether or not it's them. Not winning is fine by me as long as they did their best, but I am not going to hold their hand and promote this "everyone's a winner" mentality. Their best is their best. And sometimes their best isn't good enough to win. It's good motivation for improvement. Off my soapbox.

, but I am not going to hold their hand and promote this "everyone's a winner" mentality. Their best is their best. And sometimes their best isn't good enough to win.

Ah...and the reason I love you.

Did the team that actually won get their jackets/banner/trophy?
Our team got 2nd in RI, after watching the replay all the judges admitted that they missed the deductions for the team that won, and no they did not change it and they still got banner trophy and jackets......

quote="XTREMElyfierce, post: 579859, member: 425"]yes. the judges did not write down the 2 falls they had but knew there were 2 falls, they admitted the mistake but refused to fix it[/quote]
No we did not get anything! Except 2nd place and a sorry.........

We went to the VA comp too, and this year was a little chaotic! :confused: awards were nuts, only allowing some people in and not others we had parents miss out because they would not let them in! and then the fire marshals pushing the girls to another room. I understand yes the are there to keep us safe and I thank them but the age group that they were calling up was a young age and it made quite a few kids panic :( the video was okay but the saying of " your just another athlete" was harsh again for the younger kids to hear the older ones understood the meaning of it but to 7 year olds not so much:(

I went to the US Finals in Kansas City and it was very well run and I really enjoyed it! I'm still not sure how the first place team won but I'm over it because we had a killer routine!!!

Long story short, I decided the meeting spot for our team would be in a far corner. Unfortunately, since there was plenty of space, though the kids stayed to the side, the parents had a tendency to creep toward an invisible 25-foot-wide "aisle" that the Fire Marshal decided should exist down the middle of the outside of the halls. He didn't say a single word to any other teams that were congregrated near there, just us. Which leads me to believe that he had already had issues with other teams from our gym - maybe Saturday, maybe Sunday - and he decided that we were all awful. Why he didn't ask the parents directly to move is beyond me, but he decided that me having "Team Mom" on my shirt meant that I was solely responsible for the actions of grown folks. The thing that really got me was that I offered to move the team, but when I started to do so, he called me back over to tell me he "wasn't done with" me yet. Since he's not my father, and has no business trying to speak to me like he is, I felt like he needed a reminder of that.
Don't ask someone to do something, then when they do it, treat them like a child about it. Simple matter of respect. Whoever this guy was, making $30/hour to do a side job, he took himself WAY too seriously.
your from fame right?

US FINALS WAS DEFENTILY MESSED UP spirit explosiomn hot topic got 5th we did have a pryimad mishap but our routine was more advanced than the others so we though we'd get atleast 3rd,But it was out of control i went to watch my rec team on saturday night and i didnt get a red bracelet so we asked the person if i could go in cause we wernt paying 25 bucks for a cheerleader to get in and she actually brusied my wrist..but hanging out with my best friends from FAME was the highlight

I heard about this. I hear some parents paid all this money to get in but some parents didnt even get to see their child perform. I also hear that the fire marshalls were taking people out from their seat and telling people to leave and i fyou even got up for anything you werent allowed back in.

Back