High School Usa Cheer/varsity Music Announcement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unfortunately, BS or not, if it's the law, it's the law.

If you break the law, there are consequences.

The law hasn't changed, we have. We used to fly under the radar for the most part. Now, we have "famous" all star gyms, TV shows all about some of us, and cheerlebrities. Our videos are broadcast all over the place. When you gain mainstream attention, it sometimes leads to negative outcomes, especially if you've been violating a law for 35+ years. When you get called out, you can only claim ignorance for so long before the consequences begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep... Agreed! Just sucks! Especially for the small programs, and schools. But I'm trying to still figure out the VO and sound fx licensing process still... This is going to cost us all more time money and aggravation I'm sure.

Is anyone else still really confused by this ?
I keep hearing different things - Is NFHS following these rules ? Does anyone know if MA/NH Comps will follow these rules ?

We are just using a premade mix that has cover songs by cheer sounds who is a preferred provider. You can only use cover songs from preferred providers so if your music guy is not on the list then you can't get cover songs done by him. It would have to be 100% original. Premade mixes really aren't that bad plus with cheer sounds you can have them add voice overs, swap out songs, change tempo etc for less than 150 for 1:30 mix

So,
That's a Yes for NH Cheer

and I'm reading that we can still use cover songs?

I just don't even know where to begin in giving my music guy songs for the upcoming season lol
Your music guy just needs to get his music from an approved place (itunes doesn't count), whether it is cover or an original and have proof it was obtained legally to use to mix and perform to.

We are just using a premade mix that has cover songs by cheer sounds who is a preferred provider. You can only use cover songs from preferred providers so if your music guy is not on the list then you can't get cover songs done by him. It would have to be 100% original. Premade mixes really aren't that bad plus with cheer sounds you can have them add voice overs, swap out songs, change tempo etc for less than 150 for 1:30 mix
Incorrect about the cover statement. You can purchase a cover with Licencing (unleashthebeats is like 20$ a song I think) once you do that, your music producer has the ability to edit.

Incorrect about the cover statement. You can purchase a cover with Licencing (unleashthebeats is like 20$ a song I think) once you do that, your music producer has the ability to edit.

Technically I wasn't incorrect unleash the beats is a preferred provider which what I said you would need to get the covers.

Edited to add: her music guy couldn't create his OWN covers without being a preferred provider as listed in the power point that varsity sent out a few weeks ago

Just keep thinking of kids Bop! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Lol
This is just gonna suck for Everyone I guess!

I coach in Illinois, and we received an email stating that we had to comply by all of the new music rules that were released (not that I full understand them) but we cannot use any unapproved music for any game performance or competition.

I think I'm just going to have my girls do every performance and compete to the 8 count remixes by Kyle Blatch!

What music company are you going through?? That's exactly the route I want to go for my squad's music!

What music company are you going through?? That's exactly the route I want to go for my squad's music!
Cheersounds. Think it ended up being around 350 when we added in voice overs and swapped a song and purchased documentation of the licenses

Back