Usasf Friends & Family Worlds Package?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 6, 2012
First of all, I hope I'm posting in the right place. I think I went into the Newbies thread but please don't kill me if I messed up (this is totally confusing for me!)
I was wondering if anyone knew what the deal was with the Friends & Family package for Worlds? USASF.org had a package for Worlds 2012 that included airport transportation, stay at the wild world of sports, tickets to the comp, and park hopper passes. I know that they won't post any details for 2013 Worlds until probably next month or so, but I was curious if anyone knew who was able to get the package. I am planning on going to Worlds this year but I don't personally know anyone competing (I'm old.) So, does anyone know if I'd be able to get the package or not? I'm trying to get ahead of my planning game! This would make things much easier if they allowed anyone to get it, but if not I'll have to figure it out.

Thanks!!

Only athletes and coaches can get the package. Me and my mom went as spectators this past year. To make it easier for you, start planning now. Find your hotel, airline, etc. I suggest flying down that thursday especially if you're far away. On Friday, we went to Wide World of Sports and purchased our tickets for all three days, and I highly suggest doing this. Any more questions about planning, seats, the whole Worlds process, feel free to PM me!

If you are going to Worlds as a spectator you do not need to buy the Friends & Family package; that's way too expensive and unnecessary. If you plan to stay on Disney property, you can take the Disney transportation to/from WWOS and buy spectator tickets at the ticket window there. Unless you want to go to the parks as well theres no reason to buy a parkhopper pass. Warning: not sure if they are going to be selling separate tickets per session this year or if they will sell one ticket per entire day as they have in past, but if you did not get to the Milk House (Field House) last year before the doors even opened, you did not get in at all. People claimed their seats for an entire day and never left them. That being said, Worlds are amazing and I'm very jealous you're planning on going.

Thank you guys so much!!! I'm SO excited!! They are doing Saturday-Monday this year, right?

If you are going to Worlds as a spectator you do not need to buy the Friends & Family package; that's way too expensive and unnecessary. If you plan to stay on Disney property, you can take the Disney transportation to/from WWOS and buy spectator tickets at the ticket window there. Unless you want to go to the parks as well theres no reason to buy a parkhopper pass. Warning: not sure if they are going to be selling separate tickets per session this year or if they will sell one ticket per entire day as they have in past, but if you did not get to the Milk House (Field House) last year before the doors even opened, you did not get in at all. People claimed their seats for an entire day and never left them. That being said, Worlds are amazing and I'm very jealous you're planning on going.
...I got in right after large senior on Sunday

Basically what everyone already said is what you should do. Plan ahead. I would NOT advise staying on disney property. It's expensive and really not even worth it (I've been told the rooms were dirty and smoking when they were supposed to be non smoking). Staying off disney property is really the way to go if you're not competing. Plus you won't get annoyed by the cheerleader madness when it's sleeping time (I like my sleep and would've probably gone crazy with all the cheerleaders out at midnight stunting on the football fields. -__-) So yeah! And like foxy said, I would get tickets a day ahead so you don't miss teams competing the day of because you're waiting in line. have funnnn ! :)

Basically what everyone already said is what you should do. Plan ahead. I would NOT advise staying on disney property. It's expensive and really not even worth it (I've been told the rooms were dirty and smoking when they were supposed to be non smoking). Staying off disney property is really the way to go if you're not competing. Plus you won't get annoyed by the cheerleader madness when it's sleeping time (I like my sleep and would've probably gone crazy with all the cheerleaders out at midnight stunting on the football fields. -__-) So yeah! And like foxy said, I would get tickets a day ahead so you don't miss teams competing the day of because you're waiting in line. have funnnn ! :)
When we went in 2009, we did just that - stayed off the Disney property. Made it much easier cost-wise.

...I got in right after large senior on Sunday
You were lucky! My friends were texting me all day from inside and as we watched the livefeed (best $50 I spent last season) you could hear the announcers asking over and over again for people to move to the Braves stadium next door to watch it on the livefeed.

Does anybody have any experience with staying off the property if you are a team competing at Worlds? Our small senior coed 5 just received an at-large bid and cost wise, it seems cheaper to stay off-site. Just curious.

there is alot of houses can be rented for around 130 a day and it will sleep at least 10, part of the team did that last year, it will save you on food, but then you would probably have to rent a car. keep in mind that the cost of spectator fees have skyrocketed. For Monday alone there is 3 sessions and it is $30 dollars PER session. I think that if you want to see all performances it is $170 for the weekend per person!!!!

Does anybody have any experience with staying off the property if you are a team competing at Worlds? Our small senior coed 5 just received an at-large bid and cost wise, it seems cheaper to stay off-site. Just curious.
We stayed off Disney property last year. I cannot for the life of me think of the place we stayed but it was really nice. Each room had two separate rooms to it, they each had a kitchen area, an upstairs etc. so everyone could stay together and our coaches could keep easier tabs on us :p if I can think of the place I will let you know. It was a great place to stay.

Also my daughter went with another mom and stayed at the Royal Plaza by downtown disney and it was reasonable with shuttle to Disney.

We stayed off Disney property last year. I cannot for the life of me think of the place we stayed but it was really nice. Each room had two separate rooms to it, they each had a kitchen area, an upstairs etc. so everyone could stay together and our coaches could keep easier tabs on us :p if I can think of the place I will let you know. It was a great place to stay.

Did you feel like you missed any of the Worlds experience by not staying on site? Was it easy enough to handle getting back/forth to the park?

Back