All-Star Usasf Release Waiver For Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In my neck of the woods the only place it happens is school/rec. and college sports. In those instances I understand it because the school/organization is putting out money to develop the athlete, pay for traveling expenses, other monies associated facilities/playing fields and if the athlete is really good a free or reduced education and of course then those paying the bills should have control.

As far as all stars/travel/club sports teams you are free to change teams as you see fit (in my little corner of the world). I'm not sure if we are ahead or behind the rest of the country but that is more than likely why I find it silly.

NC soccer is very strict. You can't even talk to another player without written permission once they commit to a club let alone join their program without a waiver. I've heard similar stories with baseball, wrestling, and even swimming (which is huge in Charlotte) but I don't have a child participating in those.

Funny thing is no one even questions it here in soccer. Everyone knows that once you sign it is a year committment and you rarely hear of any issues with someone fighting for a waiver. In the spring many kids try out for several different clubs and then choose the one that offers the best option. It's just what we are used to and committing to a club is taken very seriously.

It just irritates me like no other that a gym would want to hold back a child from doing what they love.

it's not a gyms place to punish a kid for whatever choices they make, last I checked thats what parents are for
you're gym doesnt need the athlete regardless of their skill because obviously there was an issue and that issue can bring down the moral of a whole gym, why would you want to keep them around let the other gym deal with the athlete
This whole waiver is rediculous like I already said a gym is providing a very expensive service and it's bad business to hurt a child regardless of your reasoning.

We have been dealing with this too. We were seen at another gym in another state and it got back to the gym before we even got home. First I received a call from my CP's coach telling me that he would not sign a release waver for any reason. Didn't matter if we had to move to another state, no reason. then the "old" gym called me a few days later and asked me not to bring my daughter to practice out of anger and then replaced her the same night. I have tried everything with no luck. Called USASF, nothing, emailed the gym, no response, sent a certified letter with final payment, again nothing. I chose not to have her compete with another gym for that same reason. I didn't want to have her with a team up till worlds and then not be able to go. It's been a hard season (she's been out since Jan. 4th) She's had her moments of deep depression. It's hard to watch any kid go though something like this. And what makes this even worse my CP isn't the only one this has happened to at this gym this year. I personally think that if they are going to have a rule like this one then there needs to be some appeals process or something. I don't think it was the intent of USASF that a gym can hold a child hostage, but that seems to be what is happening.

the team they are going with didnt receive a bid until march. and you are permitted to interchange up to 3 athletes from your alternate roster, as we have been informed by usasf recently.

Can't edit, and when I type on my phone I end up rambling - obviously I meant Gym Tyme, not Louisville, but they're the same thing.

Here are the rules for level 6 alternates:

International Open & Open Coed - Level 6 Alternates: teams must present a roster at their bid qualifying event that includes names of the athletes performing “on the floor” at that competition. Additionally, the same Open - Level 6 teams can present up to 10 additional names of athletes (eligible substitutes/alternates) that are "members of the gym/program" but do not have the opportunity to perform “on the floor” at that event. Those 10 additional athletes must follow the same eligibility, substitution and alternate guidelines for The Worlds, including the guidelines requiring a Release Waiver

The gym I assumed your gym released their athlete to got their bid(s) in February, which would make it unlikely that he/she was listed as an alternate. But now that I look at it, another gym in the area got their bid in March in which case I could be completely wrong and your former teammate could have been listed as an alternate. Sorry.

the team they are going with didnt receive a bid until march. and you are permitted to interchange up to 3 athletes from your alternate roster, as we have been informed by usasf recently.

For level 6? That's news to me, it's the case for level 5, but not 6. If that's the case, they should probably publicly announce that somewhere if that's the case. I'm sure there are a lot of level 6 that wouldn't mind not being bound to the list of 34 names they submitted when they got their bids.

Back