All-Star Usasf Sanctions Has It Really Ever Happened?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm sad for your grandkids if they "want" to cheer and can't. I too was in a sport that was judged and controversial but I believe the things my kids are learning from Cheer far outweigh the few things we don't like and for those few things I step in as the adult and give my lifes not always perfect or fair and we need to have grace and dignity throughout. I believe an "amateur" card would go a long way to "fix" many problems in this sport. Cheer is evolving and though not perfect...I am scared to think what would happen if everyone puled out till it got "better". No personal attack on you...Obviously you love the sport and whatever you do is your right:)
They aren't old enough yet to know what they want. But their mom and I have discussed this at length and we won't introduce them to the sport or support their participation unless the focus returns to teaching core values (which does not include the attitude "it's not in the rules so it is OK") and/or they live near a gym that doesn't practice "win at all cost" behaviors.

You are probably too young to remember that there was a time when more of the emphasis in the the most respected allstar gyms was placed on technique training, teamwork and winning and losing with grace. Instead of in getting to Level 5 as quickly as you can so you can participate in the Holy Grail that is Worlds, no matter the ugliness that comes with it.

They aren't old enough yet to know what they want. But their mom and I have discussed this at length and we won't introduce them to the sport or support their participation unless the focus returns to teaching core values (which does not include the attitude "it's not in the rules so it is OK") and/or they live near a gym that doesn't practice "win at all cost" behaviors.

You are probably too young to remember that there was a time when more of the emphasis in the the most respected allstar gyms was placed on technique training, teamwork and winning and losing with grace. Instead of in getting to Level 5 as quickly as you can so you can participate in the Holy Grail that is Worlds, no matter the ugliness that comes with it.
I understand...I will be 51 in a few weeks...life was simpler and better back then....sorry to all the youngsters who will take exception with that...:) I have found a wonderful gym and coach. His biggest statement is not just building winners but winners in life. No disrespect is tolerated...period. So my view might be a bit different than yours...:) I admire your involvement and attitude on it though...:)

I understand...I will be 51 in a few weeks...life was simpler and better back then....sorry to all the youngsters who will take exception with that...:) I have found a wonderful gym and coach. His biggest statement is not just building winners but winners in life. No disrespect is tolerated...period. So my view might be a bit different than yours...:) I admire your involvement and attitude on it though...:)
No, this confirms your view is exactly the same as mine. If they lived near a gym where that kind of attitude and lesson were carried throughout the gym, from mini to Worlds teams, it would be a huge plus. But those gyms are getting harder to find every day.

But let's say they DID more actively enforce rules. (I agree with you, don't get me wrong) They ban that gym from having a Worlds team and maybe have a sanction list where you can see recent infractions..awesome. But would that make gyms hesitant to join the USASF? If they don't have a worlds team, they don't have to worry. If they try to enforce that certain competitions can ONLY be attended by member gyms (and therefore be accountable to the various other rules such as crossovers and age guidelines), would that drive EPs and gyms away? I assume that's why they're hesitant. I DO feel, however, that it's high time they took a stand, and that the influential people back them up on it.
Ok, question....what if the gym that is cheating is already a USASF member gym?

Sorry, meanj. In less than a week I have figured out that I owe RockstarCheer an apology for focusing on his actions - which seem to simply emulate his peers and honored mentors. He just happened to be the first of many to get publicly busted here.

I won't apologize for anything I said, though. However, I have figured out that 99.5% of the people here just want to bee-atch about the problem, but only .5% will ever take action to fix it. So, carry on Rockstar.

I think the only hope you have to take back your sport is if an EP like JAM Brands or another organization like ISF comes in and knocks the current ruling parties off the throne. Based on the information at the hyperlink in my signature, and what Andre said about the low percentage of athletes registered with USASF, they have NOT gotten so powerful (yet) that this would be impossible, or even all that difficult. Some organization could come in with the answers that you want, like universal scoring, athlete registration and a truly prestigious international event (like Worlds used to be) and host it somewhere besides the ridiculously expensive and overcrowded Mouse House. If they did, would your allegiance to USASF and all things Varsity change?

I am not afraid to speak out because I no longer have any risk in speaking out. I pay for my grandchildrens' sports....on the condition that they are NOT in allstar cheerleading. I'd love it if some day the things I valued about allstar cheerleading would come back, so I could watch my grandkids cheer.
I agree with wanting Jam Brands to take the throne and do a better job.

Well, there have been some suggesting that people just complain and do not try to do anything about things...and then if you suggest that you want to try to do something, then you get the "good luck with that"...maybe someone can just start a website like CHEER CHEATERS or CHEER RIP OFF REPORTS ?? I have a post or 2 all ready to go.

Well, there have been some suggesting that people just complain and do not try to do anything about things...and then if you suggest that you want to try to do something, then you get the "good luck with that"...maybe someone can just start a website like CHEER CHEATERS or CHEER RIP OFF REPORTS ?? I have a post or 2 all ready to go.
I don't think that response was directed at your question, but was sarcasm directed to someone's perceived effectiveness of that approach. I wouldn't let it discourage you from trying to do the right thing.

Back