Music V/o In French?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cupieqt

Person everyone wants to meet this season
Jan 24, 2011
We are from Louisiana and i had the idea to do a couple of French voiceovers. Il son partis means "and away they go" so I thought that might sound good at the beginning of one ("il son partis do you feel the Energy" for example).
Lame or fierce?

i think it would be neat for your team and competitions in Louisiana, but when people overhear it in other areas they will be like what in the world are they saying?! lol. you might need an additional voiceover such as "excuse our french" or something to explain it.

i think i like the idea it's different i just think i would have to hear what it would sound like because i can't picture hearing it lol. maybe a word instead of a phrase? i think that gives you the same unique idea of a different language but isn't too long. i think it has potential to be fierce if you make it fierce! ex. gt platinum "work trabajar trabajar" spanish but same idea.

cheerforeverever said:
i think it would be neat for your team and competitions in Louisiana, but when people overhear it in other areas they will be like what in the world are they saying?! lol. you might need an additional voiceover such as "excuse our french" or something to explain it.

I love the excuse our French idea. We compete only in the south but judges are from all over so that's what I was thinking about them. I guess as long as it means something to us and we use it in a fierce way. Laissez Les bon temps roulet!

I love French, I think its a beautiful language and would sound great in a V/O... and All you can do is give it a shot... If they diss you for being too different, then shame on them! This industry is in need of new flavor all the time ;-)

YES DO IT!!! I haven't heard many french/english lyrics but I know it sounds AWESOME when people to spanish/english lyrics! This is all from a hip hop point of view, and I do agree with @cheerforeverever with doing another one saying excuse our french! If it were me I'd make that into a 4-8count rap ex:

we always win, even when we in a pinch
can't keep quiet so excuse our french
il son partis do you feel the energy
all we do is win in this industry

somethin like that! Let me know what you think!!!

Back