OT Vacation Locations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
River cruises are amazing in Europe, not only are they less crowded but you know a lot of people there and can make life long friends!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It really depends what kind of experience you are looking for. Are you looking just to see the highlights of a place without having to worry about packing/unpacking and traveling on your own from one city to another? If so, then cruises are great. Especially if you would like to see several different ccities/countries on one trip. If you're looking to get a little more off the beaten path, then you are definitely better off picking a city that you can use as a good base to explore and maybe see the surrounding area more. Also, are you looking for city or more nature-inspired experience? World heritage sites? There are so many different kind of places you can travel to that I think you have to pinpoint that first, what you are looking for from the trip.

I highly recommend Iceland, it was one of my favorite trips. Reykjavik is a great base city, many fun things to do there plus great food/bars, you can easily get around on foot, and there are so many day trips you can take to see incredible landscapes that you really do not get to see in many other places. It is also the kind of place that you can spend 3-4 days in and really feel like you've gotten a great overall experience. Costa Rica is also amazing, between the beaches and the jungles, and it is truly still unspoiled and the country is very dedicated to keeping itself that way.

Happy travels and planning - that for me is half the fun!

Some of my favorites are Telluride CO, Aspen CO, and Breckenridge CO! All three are absolutely gorgeous in both summer and winter.

My father-in-law used to live in AZ and would head to Aspen for the summer, to escape the heat of Tucson and for the music festival. It is so much fun there during the summer and I really want to get back there with the kids.

I was scrolling to the end to suggest Iceland and see it was listed- wonderful wonderful destination! I also suggest Croatia- white, white beaches, blue waters and green hills- so pretty! Australia (pick anyplace- I LOVED everywhere) or Brazil- some of my favorite return to destinations! Long before CP was a glimmer in my eye I was lucky enough to live in Hungary and to travel the world (every continent thanks to an ice breaking trip off the tip of South America). The people I met became life long friends. I can visit pretty much anywhere now thanks to the network and have a place to stay. We also get to host people from all over and expand the kiddos horizons! Take those vacations- but try to go off the beaten path. Explore on you own. Meet the people. You will never regret it.

Have you been before?

In Barcelona? Nope, I've been in Prague, Rome, London, Paris, Berlin, Edinburgh, Glasgow but have never been to Barcelona. But I plan to travel way more in the future. Flight tickets from Venice to Oslo for 40€ (there's is this price for this flight right now) and some other places is way to cheap to stay at home

In Barcelona? Nope, I've been in Prague, Rome, London, Paris, Berlin, Edinburgh, Glasgow but have never been to Barcelona. But I plan to travel way more in the future. Flight tickets from Venice to Oslo for 40€ (there's is this price for this flight right now) and some other places is way to cheap to stay at home
Barcelona is great! I really loved that city. And so is Venice. It's really kind of magical, the way everything is on the water and the grandeur and chic of every house and detail in the city. I found that even the parts of the city that are 'less nice' have a sort of feeling where you still can imagine how it used to be.

And I'm going to rhodos (Greece) in 3 weeks. Super excited!
(And yes I'm a sucker for architecture and old places of lost glory. God I want to see Egypt. Good thing I live in europe and have seen quite a bit of history because travels are not too far)

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. went on vaca back in May, the weather was gorgeous. or Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic went there two years ago as well.

Barcelona is great! I really loved that city. And so is Venice. It's really kind of magical, the way everything is on the water and the grandeur and chic of every house and detail in the city. I found that even the parts of the city that are 'less nice' have a sort of feeling where you still can imagine how it used to be.

And I'm going to rhodos (Greece) in 3 weeks. Super excited!
(And yes I'm a sucker for architecture and old places of lost glory. God I want to see Egypt. Good thing I live in europe and have seen quite a bit of history because travels are not too far)

Venice is magical. Love that city. And yes - you have to wander around the back streets a little.

Egypt is amazing but very dirty. Everything is dusty and you feel the constant need to wash your hands (at least I did). We were in Cairo and went to the National Museum which was incredible, took a boat ride on the Nile, saw the oldest mosque, church and temple, and of course the pyramids and the Sphinx. That is a city that you absolutely need a tour guide and driver to navigate though. They are building (or planning to build) a whole new complex by the pyramids which will be the site of the new National Museum, so it will be easier to get from one location to the other.

So my dad is a pilot for JetBlue so I fly for free and this year for spring break I decided to go see my cousins who live in Columbia, SC but didn't want to drive 8 hours there so I flew. Since JetBlue only flies to Charleston though we ended up just getting a hotel there and staying there and it was such a cool town! The beach was close, it was a college town so there was plenty for us to do, and tons of shopping!

Currently i'm planning a "trip" for my birthday and going to Clearwater Beach, FL and getting a hotel there for the weekend. Even though I only live 30 minutes from there, it's such a nice area and has plenty to do for all ages so why not get away for the weekend?

Your going to love Barcelona.. The only thing I will say is at night I'm sure like all other major cities it does have it's dodgy characters! Not thag i was scared out by night or anything.! But I had an amazing time, the sights and food are incredible! Hope you like tapas and eps chorizo!

I cannot say enough about Nice! If anyone is going anywhere to Europe it's a must! 30 minutes to Monaco and Monte Carlo and its paradise.. 60 euro for a starter in a restaurant lol so be prepared to snack light! However as much as Cannes is hyped I really didnt like it! I didn't have that much time to explore then again but anywhere after Monaco wouldn't be as nice!

I just booked a vacation to Athens, Greece! I'm so excited!

Living in Europe, it's easy to visit a lot of countries (low price, not that far). Each country I've been to has been amazing - they're all so different. If you're looking for a typical vacation with beach-life, I would say Greece, Italy, Spain or Malta is the way to go. If you like nature, Iceland is cool. City-wise I like London the most, there's a lot to do there. I love Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Helsinki too.

I would really like to visit South Africa and Mexico.

Last edited:
@jcheermom
Was it really expensive? My boyfriend and I are looking for vacations. My school has one a 7 day trip to London which was a super cheap way to go. However, my boyfriend thinks London is too rainy for him. So he'd love a like that!
Actually, to see all of those countries, it's the best way to go. We would never be able to visit that many countries in that many weeks without being on a cruise, and the meals on the ship were inclusive, which is always a huge expense with traveling.
We climbed the leaning tower of Pisa, toured the acropolis, went to Olympic stadium in Athens, went to the Vatican, and toured Pompeii. My kids learned about all of that before they went so it was like hands-on learning.
I think we paid around $5,500 each person, all inclusive, plus our spending money. It was definitely a splurge.

Back