All-Star Varsity Advanced/elite Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I personally love the varsity score sheet, it (or you could credit its judges) seems to provide consistent results with fair results throughout an entire season (fair is subjective though) In fact the only competition where I felt the entire gym was judged consistently throughout our level 2 squads was spirit celebration which used this score sheet and required all of the judges to have judged NCA nationals. (and we got our butts kicked for the most part except senior 2) At every other competition our mini 2 stunts which were straight up lib, a lot of (very well executed) body positions, down to prep, press to extension and cradle scored the same or better than our senior 2 and youth 2 that included half up to prep, 'tic tocs', half ups to extension, and a good number of decently performed body positions. Even at competitions like jamfest where the categories for positions and stunts were supposed to be scored seperately.

However, i was looking at hte advanced and elite stunt list today working on possible stunt sequences for level 4 and 5 and realized that its pretty darned weird. Every single advanced stunt is legal in level 3. All of them. Only two stunts that are elite are legal in level 4, and one of those is inversions that land in an extended position, and with bracing requirements that is almost impossible without bhs up or the front flip stunt that top gun did in their pyramid season before last. Not likely to be competed by a squad until level 6 when the bracing requirement goes away. So basically, a full up is the only elite stunt that you will see in level 4.

honestly the weirdest part is the level 3 stunts being considered advanced when you add an in level dismount.

I have a cuople of ideas for how i would define advanced and elite skills but i'll save them till i'm done, does anybody else find this to be a problem and how would you define advanced/elite.

Switch ups and Ball ups to extended level are considered elite and allowed in Level 4.

wasn't even thinking about that ::doh:: but are express ups considered major tic toc variations? If they are.... is there such thing as a minor tic toc variation? Why not just say released tic toc variations?
and on ball ups , if all releases landing in extension have to start at ground level, does [last years] definition of ground level (

To be at the height of or supported by the performing surface.) mean that to be at the height of ground level is the same as a sponge? because your body is at a similar height? or will the glossary change?

wasn't even thinking about that ::doh:: but are express ups considered major tic toc variations? If they are.... is there such thing as a minor tic toc variation? Why not just say released tic toc variations?
and on ball ups , if all releases landing in extension have to start at ground level, does [last years] definition of ground level (

To be at the height of or supported by the performing surface.) mean that to be at the height of ground level is the same as a sponge? because your body is at a similar height? or will the glossary change?

Switch/Express ups fall into "Release Moves that land in an extended position" which is the 2nd to last item on the elite list. A minor tick tock variation is one that doesn't land at extended level. You can do a ball up starting with 1 foot in like a straight up lib or switch up. As long as the top balls at the top it's a ball up. I prefer to do/teach them from sponge, but that's no longer an option for L4.

Back