All-Star Varsity And Usasf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Acedad, thank you. I think I worded it wrong because you are correct - a non-profit can't have owners. But, it can have members/directors. I found it interesting when I went to look at Worlds information, and I decided to look up and see who USASF's partners were; approx. 40% of them are Varsity owned brands. And, I believe that the President of USASF is with UCA as well (unless I am out in the left field on that one). That is where my personal interpretation of "stake" came from.

They definitely have a great deal of influence.

Well until all athletes pay dues like gymnastic USAG your going to have to unfortunately deal with it. Fair or not it takes a lot of money to run a staffed office building.

Two questions remain unanswered:

1. Why is the biggest competition for Allstars named "The cheerLEADING Worlds". Last time I checked allstars don't cheer and they don't lead. Who named it so? Why?

2. Is USA Cheer with the same President as Varsity Brands your governing body?

Sometimes curtains are sheer and sometimes they are insulated.

well it is called All-Star Cheerleading after all.. not just All-Star. and if you think about it not alot of team actually cheer, that's what voice overs are for, but just abbout every team has a cheer and whether or not they actually cheer or it's in the music the crowd tends to get into it and start saying it too. thus the crowd being led in a cheer.

Well won't that be happening starting 2011-2012. Athlete membership/credentialing fee is just another name for "dues" is it not?

USASF is a not for profit, so technically there are no owners. Varsity loaned money (most if not all now paid back) and staff to get USASF off the ground in 2003.
I am sure this has been answered somewhere but how many board members are there and how many represent a Varsity brand? How many board members have no term limit meaning they cannot be voted out or replaced?

well it is called All-Star Cheerleading after all.. not just All-Star. and if you think about it not alot of team actually cheer, that's what voice overs are for, but just abbout every team has a cheer and whether or not they actually cheer or it's in the music the crowd tends to get into it and start saying it too. thus the crowd being led in a cheer.
We don't have any voice overs in our routines that the crowd says with us. We haven't done an actual 2 8 count cheer sections in well over 3 years.

I am sure this has been answered somewhere but how many board members are there and how many represent a Varsity brand? How many board members have no term limit meaning they cannot be voted out or replaced?

16 Board members and 6 are held by Varsity Brands

Wanna Be a Rockstar!?
Rockstarcheer.com

ASCheerMan posted this in the ASGA Group:

I wanted to address a conversation thread yesterday and correct the info I shared. Varsity employees occupy 6 of the 16 board seats, falling noticeably short of a majority of the votes (majority = 9). The total of 6 excludes Jim Chadwick and Steve Peterson, who officially represent the USASF, not Varsity. (Even if we included both of them in our Varsity totals, Varsity would still fall short of the majorioty and only occupy 8 board seats total.
Jim Chadwick - USASF/IASF
Mike Burgess – USA - V
Justin Carrier – NCA - V
Brian Elza – Premier Athletics - V
Jeff Fowlkes – CHEERSPORT
Mack Hirshberg – Mac’s Cheer
Happy Hooper – Ace All Stars
Dan Kessler – Jamfest
April LaFramboise – JAM Brands
Colleen Little – IEP
Jody Melton – Cheer Athletics
Catherine Morris – UDA - V
John Newby – UCA - V
Elaine Pascale – World Cup
Steve Peterson – IASF/USASF
Lance Wagers – ACA - V

This still would be considered a conflict of interests in any other industry, but for some reason in ours it's a okay! No board should have a company holding that many seats. When Varsity began buying up ep's the representatives of those ep's should have stepped down.
We have also seen now that Cheersport/Jamfest/ and Jam Brands are all in bed with Varsity so it bumps them up over a majority. It has been interesting to see how many gyms that did a majority of Varsity comps last year are hardly doing any this year. Personally, I can't change what comps my cp's team goes to but I can guarentee you that we will not be buying one tshirt, pin, lanyard, stuffed animal, ect from their comps.

This still would be considered a conflict of interests in any other industry, but for some reason in ours it's a okay! No board should have a company holding that many seats. When Varsity began buying up ep's the representatives of those ep's should have stepped down.
We have also seen now that Cheersport/Jamfest/ and Jam Brands are all in bed with Varsity so it bumps them up over a majority. It has been interesting to see how many gyms that did a majority of Varsity comps last year are hardly doing any this year. Personally, I can't change what comps my cp's team goes to but I can guarentee you that we will not be buying one tshirt, pin, lanyard, stuffed animal, ect from their comps.

I agree. They may not hold the majority by the numbers but we have seen how they are the majority with thier collective influence.

ASCheerMan posted this in the ASGA Group:

I wanted to address a conversation thread yesterday and correct the info I shared. Varsity employees occupy 6 of the 16 board seats, falling noticeably short of a majority of the votes (majority = 9). The total of 6 excludes Jim Chadwick and Steve Peterson, who officially represent the USASF, not Varsity. (Even if we included both of them in our Varsity totals, Varsity would still fall short of the majorioty and only occupy 8 board seats total.
Jim Chadwick - USASF/IASF
Mike Burgess – USA - V
Justin Carrier – NCA - V
Brian Elza – Premier Athletics - V
Jeff Fowlkes – CHEERSPORT
Mack Hirshberg – Mac’s Cheer
Happy Hooper – Ace All Stars
Dan Kessler – Jamfest
April LaFramboise – JAM Brands
Colleen Little – IEP
Jody Melton – Cheer Athletics
Catherine Morris – UDA - V
John Newby – UCA - V
Elaine Pascale – World Cup
Steve Peterson – IASF/USASFLance Wagers – ACA - V

Of those 16 board members, 10 are EPs (the remaining 6 Board Members are gym owners). When you look at the number of EPs who are Varsity owned you get 6 out of 10. Now, of those gyms that are represented-how many of those go to Varsity owned events? All of them. Each of those gyms attends at least 1 Varsity owned competition each year. How many of those gyms wear Varsity uniforms or get discounts/comped uniforms? I'm not saying that they are 100% influenced by Varsity to vote in their favor, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. It's also possible that these gym owners do it subconsciously.

I don't think it is any sort of secret that Varsity funded the USASF so it could get off the ground. USASF uses Varsity offices, telephones, toilets, and other daily essentials to help lower the cost of running the organization.

I think this is why Jammy is so upset. I think they would prefer the USASF offices to be somewhere in the middle of nowhere, because they believe there is some sort of "behind the curtains" voodoo going on.
Jamz has no right to be upset IMO they had a great chance to do something when usasf came out with all these stupid rules instead they just rolled over :(

Back