All-Star Varsity Inspire Shoe

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would say that they run more true to size than most cheer shoes. My CP wears youth sizes and last year she had to order a 2 in the Nike sideline. Those are too small for her now but we ordered a 2 in the varsity inspire and she has room to grow this year. I get her a Y13 or 1 in regular shoes.

I'm told you will probably take the same size as you do in a tennis shoe/sneaker.

My gym is using these this year too so I did some searching and cut and pasted what I found to share with my team. Here it is:

What Kind Of Cheer Shoes Do You Use ?
  1. I have the new cheer shoe by the Varsity brand, the Varsity Inspire. They are super light and have like a "bouncy" feel. I love them! Also, these shoes don't hurt the bases hands as much when the flyers jump into the basket. Now that my team has them, the bases have less scrapes on their hands after baskets.
  1. I have the new Varsity Inspire. They're so lightweight and flexible to tumble in, and my coed bases love them. They feel like socks, and my boys like being able to feel my feet make the slightest movements (like knowing how far I need to drop my toe in arabesque). They get dirty pretty quick though - like the nfinity phoenix, the fabric gets grey while the leather stays white.
BowCat, Apr 26, 2011

Cheer Shoes?
  1. Last season I had Nfinity Evolution's . Very light shoes but they got dirty fast , and they had no support. But this season we're getting Varsity Inspire's , their not as light as the Nfinity's but they have more support and they have built-in hand grips on the shoe. Which i thought was super cool . lol (;

• I am interested to see where the Varsity Inspire shoe goes. They are sleek and light-weight, there is a combination of sateen and microfiber. I like that the bottom of the shoe has contoured sole with built in grips.

• I've got the new varsity shoe (they came out in Australia at nationals last year, so like in October/November) and I love them.

pros: lightweight, so easy to tumble in, jump, and my bases love them. Wouldn't recommend for new fyers, or when flying on new bases because they are really flexible and sometimes my toes get pushed way up making me heel/fall on my backspot's head. But for experienced bases and flyers who know how to hold their feet, I would totally go for them. And you can point your toes easily in them!

cons: I don't think they'd be too good for wide feet, mine are narrow and they fit me like a sock. The sole is really slimlined so I think a wider foot might not get much support. They get dirty pretty quick as well - like the nfinity phoenix, the fabric gets grey while the leather stays white.

Does anyone have the new varsity cheer shoes that look just live Nfinity

I have some because I couldn't get the Nfinitys because EVERYWHERE was out of stock, so I got these as second best.

I lovveeee mine, they are sooo comfy, they really grip your foot (in a good way) and are flexible enough to point your toes properly in :)

Much love to varsity for their shoe!

i have them! they are so great! there good for flying but also have enough grip for tumbling. and i think they are pretty true to size maybe a little big.

Okay, so now I've had them for a while, the soles have got really thin and soft, a few tumblers have worn them out pretty quickly. Size-wise: I got them in a 4.5 and have nfinity evos in a 4.5 as well. There's more wiggle room in the varsities, but I've had them for longer so maybe they're just more worn in/stretched out. Also they have noooo arch support. I think if you're going to be cheering sideline I'd want something with more support for overall joint health and happiness, but they're a good all-round shoe for allstar or HS competition. The price is a bit nicer than nfinity too!

My HS team has them and LOVES them! They said they feel like they aren't even wearing shoes because they are so light.

I tried mine on a competition, so far I had kaepa in which I had a 7 or 7,5, in the Varsity's I have a 6,5 so they run a little bigger than the usual.
they felt really nice in my feet and alot lighter.

they are ordered and should arrive any day now, I'll post when i tried them for tumbling and stunting, several girls on the team ordered those and they all have different positions so we'll see what they think.

Have them.... looove them. Runs a little big in the toe, I ordered an 8 but switched for a 7.5 and they're much more comfortable.

Also-- they absorb well when I tumble on a dead mat. Granted I don't do as much tumbling but I haven't gotten shin splints yet.

Back