All-Star Varsity Stones Vs Swarovski Crystals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 8, 2010
Does anyone have any experience with either of these items on motion flex tops from Varsity. We have done our new uniform mock up with the Swarovski Crystals but they are 2/3 more the cost of the "Varsity Stones". I want sparkle though, that is important. Also, did anyone have problems with them coming off?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these items on motion flex tops from Varsity. We have done our new uniform mock up with the Swarovski Crystals but they are 2/3 more the cost of the "Varsity Stones". I want sparkle though, that is important. Also, did anyone have problems with them coming off?

i know swarovski will be pricier but will bling more. its all in the glue as to how well it sticks. idk what kind of glue varsity uses. but in time those rhinestones are going to come off specially with all the spinning, floor work, tumbling, catching us cheerleaders do. im sure if you do your research well you can find out the best glue that sticks onto fabric and is durable.

Swarovski crystals sparkle is hands down better. With that sparkle comes the price. My experience with my CPs uniforms is that nothing is going to keep them all on the uniforms.

I know GK will let you send the uni in and get the rhinestones put back on for free if they fall off. Perhaps Varsity does as well?

Swarovski crystals are definitely going to be much more sparkly, as the way that the crystals are cut is patented and unique to Swarovski. This makes the crystals expensive however, as they can demand higher prices for the brand since it is inimitable. Varsity stones are cheaper, but will have less reflective shine/shimmer. Both will stick the same to the uniform depending on the glue used. Therefore it just depends on how much you are willing to pay extra for that additional shine.....

Swarovski is by far going to sparkle more than any other stone anyone offers. As far as staying on - IDK about our competitors, but GK has been rhinestoning GK Leotards for a VERY long time. Other companies have just started. The way to get them to stay on depends on the equipment, glue, and the temperature of heat. GK stones rarely fall off, and if they do, GK will replace them free of charge or send you a kit to do it if you need a quick fix.

Back