All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe just maybe ....
They are planning on moving regular worlds because of the over crowding problem and the only way Disney will let them out of their contract was if they add another disney event to take its place.

When this happens Im going to say I told y'all so!
I soooo hope you are correct!

i feel like 450 teams in the milk house and jostens is just TOO MUCH. maybe keep it at 100-150, and then it could be WAY more organized and i little more exclusive. lets face it, if you're giving away 450 bids... each gym that is going for one is PROBABLY going to get one. i like the idea, and it could work.... just less teams... and honestly i don't like the idea of ANOTHER comp at disney. Some girls do high school, so there would be UCA HS nationals, some all-star teams do UCA all-star nationals, then theres worlds, and then this one? if you have 2 children, one being a worlds athlete, and the other level 1-4, and say maybe one of them does high school, and UCA all-star nationals, and worlds... You're talking about 4 trips to disney world in one season, and i'm sure most parents would not be happy with that... JMO on the subject.

i feel like 450 teams in the milk house and jostens is just TOO MUCH. maybe keep it at 100-150, and then it could be WAY more organized and i little more exclusive. lets face it, if you're giving away 450 bids... each gym that is going for one is PROBABLY going to get one.

There are 44 non-Worlds divisions (there really are, I counted! 22 divisions, plus small/large split), so if you kept it at 100-150 bids, you'd only end up with 2-4 teams per division. Even with 450 teams, you're only going to get, on average, 10 per division. As crazy as 450 teams sounds, the top 10 in the nation for that division is pretty exclusive.

[The answer to this, in my mind, is to get rid of divisions, and the easiest way to do that, in my mind, is to get rid of the small/large split by making scoresheets (and, accordingly, judges' training) equitable, so that proportionality is taken into account for both difficulty and deductions. In my mind, this would be easy to do. Everything's easier in my mind, lol.]

I know a family that has a collegiate cheerleader a high school/lvl 5 athlete and a lvl 3 girl. So if this happens they would be there for HS nationals, College nationals, Uca allstar nationals, worlds, and summit
5 Disney trips in the span of about 3 months would be just insane!

I know a family that has a collegiate cheerleader a high school/lvl 5 athlete and a lvl 3 girl. So if this happens they would be there for HS nationals, College nationals, Uca allstar nationals, worlds, and summit
5 Disney trips in the span of about 3 months would be just insane!

And 4 trips in 3 months isn't?! ;) The only difference is that it is one additional trip. Either way you want to look at it they are still going to Disney an excessive amount of times.

And 4 trips in 3 months isn't?! ;) The only difference is that it is one additional trip. Either way you want to look at it they are still going to Disney an excessive amount of times.
oh no 4 would be crazy too! Im just saying that some could be going a total of 5 times which is way tooo much Disney. Ha I think one is almost too much... but I definitly think Varsity/uca/usasf should find some new locations for their events
Imo I think HS nationals should stay at Disney because the high schools love the whole experience and many hs cheerleaders don't do all star too so Disney still has that magical effect for them. College nationals should move somewhere but Im not sure where ha same with Uca allstar nationals. Then Worlds definitely needs a much bigger place and if Varsity wants summit to be like worlds they should just use the same bigger worlds location.

i feel like 450 teams in the milk house and jostens is just TOO MUCH. maybe keep it at 100-150, and then it could be WAY more organized and i little more exclusive. lets face it, if you're giving away 450 bids... each gym that is going for one is PROBABLY going to get one. i like the idea, and it could work.... just less teams... and honestly i don't like the idea of ANOTHER comp at disney. Some girls do high school, so there would be UCA HS nationals, some all-star teams do UCA all-star nationals, then theres worlds, and then this one? if you have 2 children, one being a worlds athlete, and the other level 1-4, and say maybe one of them does high school, and UCA all-star nationals, and worlds... You're talking about 4 trips to disney world in one season, and i'm sure most parents would not be happy with that... JMO on the subject.

I counted the number of teams at UCA All-Star nationals and it's a comparable number. UCA was fine. 450 bids isn't that much considering that it's all non-worlds levels - though I think they said 400 bids, not 450.

Maybe just maybe ....
They are planning on moving regular worlds because of the over crowding problem and the only way Disney will let them out of their contract was if they add another disney event to take its place.

When this happens Im going to say I told y'all so!
hmmmmmmm...

:banghead:
Agree. I'm all about trying to raise the level of competition and offering world-style overall championships for all the levels....but it's all going to be one big frustrating joke without some enforceable rules for age grids, crossovers and an effective athlete credentialing system. Most of the folks will play by the rules, but there will be ones who don't because we all see it every year.

Agree. I'm all about trying to raise the level of competition and offering world-style overall championships for all the levels....but it's all going to be one big frustrating joke without some enforceable rules for age grids, crossovers and an effective athlete credentialing system. Most of the folks will play by the rules, but there will be ones who don't because we all see it every year.

*Everybody* plays by the rules. The problem is that the rules allow such shenanigans. Stacking level 2 teams with level 3, 4, and 5 athletes is not against the rules. Until the rules specifically address such issues, this will happen. Different coaches and gyms have different visions of what the spirit or intent of the rules are, but the letter of the law is clear: stacking teams is legal.

*Everybody* plays by the rules. The problem is that the rules allow such shenanigans. Stacking level 2 teams with level 3, 4, and 5 athletes is not against the rules. Until the rules specifically address such issues, this will happen. Different coaches and gyms have different visions of what the spirit or intent of the rules are, but the letter of the law is clear: stacking teams is legal.
Fair point. By the way I love the term shenanigans!

Back