All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay i apologize if this was already gone through but i couldn't find it in this thread, and plus its 1 am so my reading skills... not so great.
But what competitions are planning on awarding bids to this?
And, will they allow crossovers? I'm a potentional crossover for my Junior&Senior Team (if they both maybe got a bid, lets pretend) And half of our Junior team is made up of Youth Crossovers. So if youth and Junior make it...? Just curious here!
Again, sorry if this was discussed, if so tell me what page!

IGNORE MY LAST POST! I found it bahaha! i skipped page 4 and that had what i needed. I need to go to bed. My brain can't think :oops:

my coach is actually looking into sending us to this, this coming season.. It'd be cool to say you were the first "Summit" champion
My coach is also trying to get us to go, I had the same mindset about it. However, there aren't many bid competitions by us, which worries me...

We go to 2 comps. (Tacoma, WA, and one in Oregon??)
Last year, my gym won both, but i didn't cheer for them.
My coach and teammates don't know about it. (At least nobodies said anything)
But i'm making it my goal. I've never had a real "Goal".... If we win state/nationals... yay. No big deal since its local. But the Summit.... that would be awesome!
Didn't mean for it to be in the quote! Sorry...:oops:

Okay now i don't like this competition because Junior Coed 2 isn't a division! Great -__-

Okay now i don't like this competition because Junior Coed 2 isn't a division! Great -__-
There never was a junior coed two. My son was on a junior two for the first two years he cheered and coed division splits didn't happen until junior age and level three. Anything younger or lower levels I don't think they thought boys were a grand advantage (which I'd agree with).

He's made junior four this year just in time for the rule changes that stopped recognizing coed in junior four as well. So according to him he still doesn't get credit for being a man :)

Gratefully hes crossing down to a senior three so he can be manly there since he has to coed stunt (which he loves) AND gets credit for being a guy.

Okay. My coaches are loosing their minds......
We're Junior. For sure.
We have to be 2, since nobody has past a back handspring
And We have a boy on our team....
Wow...
If you're assuming it's a coed division just because you have a boy on your team,then you're mistaken. Lots of divisions have guys in them and they arent split coed and all girl.

If your coaches actually think there is a Jr Coed 2 division...I suggest finding new coaches.

If you're assuming it's a coed division just because you have a boy on your team,then you're mistaken. Lots of divisions have guys in them and they arent split coed and all girl.

If your coaches actually think there is a Jr Coed 2 division...I suggest finding new coaches.
Okay. Well they called us "Juniors" and then another time said "Coed team go over to that area and stretch"
Thanks for the explanation! :)

I was thinking that would happen as well.

Although I really like the concept of this, I think there are some flaws. The fact that it is a week after Worlds is a killer. If you have multiple kids that cheer, it could be a pain to fly to worlds for one cp, go home, then turn around a few days later to go back. I know this obviously won't be the case for every person, but I think there would be a decent amount that this would affect. And if you go to UCA too... If I were a parent that had to do that I would be ready to strangle Mickey.

Interested to see how this turns out though, and if gym owners would be willing to put both UCA and Summit on the schedules.

My daughter is on a Sr 4 team and I5 team so we could be in that situation of doing both, we would just have to stay down there the whole week and pray for some great fundraising, if we are lucky enough to qualify for both...... I know if this happens I as a parent will not get Disney passes for both weekends.

Back