All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It was a competition that was announced at the gym owners conference in Vegas this past weekend. It is basically an "levels 1-4 worlds". They are doing it the weekend after Worlds so that the lower level teams will get the exact same experience as those kids on the level 5 teams. It is an event that you to qualify for just like regular Worlds. I believe they are taking 400 teams the first year - 250 full paids and 150 partials (don't quote me on the exact numbers though) and I think there are only a handful of qualifying competitions.
I believe its not only levels 1-4 but also level 5 youth and junior.

Our gym is really excited about it because we don't have a level 5 team in the gym (and won't for a couple years) and this gives us something aside from just a large nationals competition to really work towards.

Umm problem..
We don't have room for Level 5s in Florida - how are they going go handle Levels 1-4 and Restricted.

This is what I'm imagining...

People getting into Wide World of Sports / Crowd Control

And... Awards Ceremony
4c6fa8f1-7542-fce7.jpg

Umm problem..
We don't have room for Level 5s in Florida - how are they going go handle Levels 1-4 and Restricted.

They said there's only 400 bids - that can't be much more than were at Worlds - plus you won't have the spectators like you do at worlds, it's probably going to mostly be parents wanting to watch their kids.

That awkward moment where I just booked a week at Disney so my J3 daughter can watch Worlds....only to find out I may be taking her back a week later? :banghead:
Exactly what I was thinking...there will be folks who are going to be there two weeks in a row and if they do UCA in March, will be in Disney three weeks. We've already set our 12-13 schedule and it seems like a cool idea, but what happens to all levels? Does it go away? It's all varsity isnt it?

We've always done UCA Nationals, but it would be nice to make this the goal, and now we'll go to NCA instead of UCA. Nobody wants to do Disney that many times in one year. NCA 2014!

They said there's only 400 bids - that can't be much more than were at Worlds - plus you won't have the spectators like you do at worlds, it's probably going to mostly be parents wanting to watch their kids.

If the avg team has 24 kids that's 9600 athletes, plus parents and you'll probably have more parents due to the age of the kids milkhouse holds 5000.

If the avg team has 24 kids that's 9600 athletes, plus parents and you'll probably have more parents due to the age of the kids milkhouse holds 5000.

Right but you're not going to have every parent sticking around to watch the whole competition the way you would for the worlds level teams. You'll have much more parents/family watching their kids and then leaving to go to the parks. Especially the first year if these kids haven't been to Disney before.

Even if the parents/kids stick around to watch their whole division, there's way more divisions and way less teams per division. I just don't think we'll have the same spectator issues that worlds has.

Back