All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it replacing IALC this year? We were planning to go to the Atlanta one in our competition schedule, are those now cancelled?

If you mean this year as 2012-2013 competition season, yes. To my understanding, no Varsity events are listed as All-Levels Championships on their website. All of them are Brand events.

I understand and mostly agree with you, but the kids could still strive to achieve a full paid bid, since being the previous year's champion only affords a partial paid bid. I think it's a pretty good plan.

There are only partials and at larges according to what's posted in this thread

If you mean this year as 2012-2013 competition season, yes. To my understanding, no Varsity events are listed as All-Levels Championships on their website. All of them are Brand events.
Help me out, I'm a mom not a coach and you're a little over my head. Does that mean that IALC won't happen at all this year, or does that just mean that it won't be affiliated with varsity? I'm assuming if it's the second, it's going to be very difficult to get those varying brands to agree on a common structure at the 8 sites to make the virtual championship a little more fair.

Help me out, I'm a mom not a coach and you're a little over my head. Does that mean that IALC won't happen at all this year, or does that just mean that it won't be affiliated with varsity? I'm assuming if it's the second, it's going to be very difficult to get those varying brands to agree on a common structure at the 8 sites to make the virtual championship a little more fair.

I think she is saying the IALC is going away.

ETA: Nevermind... I read it again and now I am confused too.

I think she is saying the IALC is going away.

ETA: Nevermind... I read it again and now I am confused too.
Well that that might be right. American championships was doing the IALC in Atlanta and it was on their website when I was booking hotels.....it's gone now.

The IALC is going away and is being replaced by "The Summit". Just as the Worlds concept, teams compete to gain a bid to compete against the highest caliber of athletes in Orlando. Varsity is still trying to work out the details to ensure that the athletes, parents & gyms get the same experience that they had at the Virtual Championship within this one location event.

The IALC is going away and is being replaced by "The Summit". Just as the Worlds concept, teams compete to gain a bid to compete against the highest caliber of athletes in Orlando. Varsity is still trying to work out the details to ensure that the athletes, parents & gyms get the same experience that they had at the Virtual Championship within this one location event.
Do you have a proposed list of 2012-13 bid locations?

Wow. I guess I'll be trying to cancel that hotel reservation. I guess there are gyms that don't have competition schedules published yet, but we do and this information mightve been good to know. Like someone else said before....if you have UCA on the schedule and a worlds team that's a whole lot of Orlando in a year.

Not all teams will get to go to this one, though. I imagine for those going to UCA they will only go to this second one with a paid bid.

Not all teams will get to go to this one, though. I imagine for those going to UCA they will only go to this second one with a paid bid.
Except there aren't paid bids. Only partials and at larges.

As of now it's the Varsity All Star World Bid Events. They are still working out the other 2-day events that teams may win a bid at. They have the "At least 8 existing competitions" listed so I'm guessing they want to grab a few more competitions before posting.

World Bid Events:

California
Spirit Sports
Duel in the Desert
Palm Springs, CA
February 2,3, 2013
USA
All Star Championships
Anaheim, CA
March 23,24, 2013
The America n
Championships