All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think giving partials to the defending champs is awesome!! I wish worlds did this. I understand that its a new team. To be honest, do you think any of those teams listed wouldn't be able to snag 1 of the 150 partials if they didn't get it up front.

I like them giving prestige to winners. Makes it feel like a little bit more.

I don't think it will ruin anyone's day that 5 out of 100-150 partials were already given away.

I think giving partials to the defending champs is awesome!! I wish worlds did this. I understand that its a new team. To be honest, do you think any of those teams listed wouldn't be able to snag 1 of the 150 partials if they didn't get it up front.

I don't think it will ruin anyone's day that 5 out of 100-150 partials were already given away.
I really don't mind that part either. But I also think the world champions should get an automatic bid for the following year to defend the title in the division they won. Let's face it, they end up getting one anyway so it's not like you're giving away something that wouldnt have been attained later and it's another reward for having been the world champion.

I will say in that case, that should only stick if you field a team in that division again. If for some reason a world champ team decided to change divisions they shouldn't be able to keep it. Like orange for instance....they competed ss5 and won, but now that they're medium that automatic bid wouldn't carry over.

Does anybody else just see this as a HUGE expense? I am all for recognizing and rewarding the lower levels (i coach level 2 & 3), but even if you give some kind of money it's not going to be anywhere close. then of course a parent has to come & will have to pay. and as we all know - Disney is NOT cheap! we already did our schedule and we always put only 1 flying national - NCA this year! even if we were lucky enough to win a bid, i dont think our parents would be too happy having to dish out all that money for a Florida trip also.
Trying to be open minded about this. guess i will have to see how it all pans out, but cant help but feel that this is just another money maker....

Does anybody else just see this as a HUGE expense? I am all for recognizing and rewarding the lower levels (i coach level 2 & 3), but even if you give some kind of money it's not going to be anywhere close. then of course a parent has to come & will have to pay. and as we all know - Disney is NOT cheap! we already did our schedule and we always put only 1 flying national - NCA this year! even if we were lucky enough to win a bid, i dont think our parents would be too happy having to dish out all that money for a Florida trip also.
Trying to be open minded about this. guess i will have to see how it all pans out, but cant help but feel that this is just another money maker....

Yes.

I can't imagine actually going.

I agree it adds to the prestige, but think of how many teams at Worlds might have an amazing year and then don't get a bid, close, fall apart, don't make semi-finals, etc. IMO, new season, new team, fresh start.

I dont see this as a money maker AT ALL for Varsity. Disney is not cheap to hold a competition at. They're dumping money to send teams, MORE teams than Worlds, to Orlando AND promise to provide production that out does their Worlds Bid events-maybe even providing production that outdoes NCA All Star and not just for those Level 5 teams in the Arena- your levels 1-4 get to experience it too. Thats kind of a big deal since those kids work just as hard as Level 5 teams do.

I dont see this as a money maker AT ALL for Varsity. Disney is not cheap to hold a competition at. They're dumping money to send teams, MORE teams than Worlds, to Orlando AND promise to provide production that out does their Worlds Bid events-maybe even providing production that outdoes NCA All Star and not just for those Level 5 teams in the Arena- your levels 1-4 get to experience it too. Thats kind of a big deal since those kids work just as hard as Level 5 teams do.

They make money from the packages. I don't think USASF has ever tried to hide the fact that they make money from Worlds - Justin has said so himself on this board. They might be dumping money into covering registration fees, but they'll still probably make money on the hotel packages, even from the partial-paid bid teams.

Why can't we get out of Disney? There 49 other states and thousands if cities!!!

Your smaller gyms & lower level teams rarely get to experience Disney unless they go there for a destination event during the season. If you're searching for a Worlds Bid & go to Worlds it might seem like a lot, BUT what if these kids get to be on ESPN because of this? That's cool for them.

They make money from the packages. I don't think USASF has ever tried to hide the fact that they make money from Worlds - Justin has said so himself on this board. They might be dumping money into covering registration fees, but they'll still probably make money on the hotel packages, even from the partial-paid bid teams.

USASF gets a lot of money from spectator fees as well. Not denying that Varsity may or may not make money, I just know it cost a lot to be at a destination spot like Disney from an event producer stand point, while providing bids and keeping the production at a high level. This event isn't for everybody, but it is what some coaches have asked for who don't have a Level 5 team and want a prestigious "end of the year" event.

Your smaller gyms & lower level teams rarely get to experience Disney unless they go there for a destination event during the season. If you're searching for a Worlds Bid & go to Worlds it might seem like a lot, BUT what if these kids get to be on ESPN because of this? That's cool for them.

This can't be done at places outside of Disney?

What does a "paid" consist of? free registration? or $ towards travel/lodging (like worlds)

Paid for worlds does not cover travel especially if you are flying across the country. It covers the 5 day at the all star and a little extra that is it. Too bad they could not do this event on the other coast.

Can they really provide production that out does their World Bid events? They dont do that for Worlds, whats gonna be be different and why not start making the Worlds production better?

Back