All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Week after Worlds is horrible timing. We stay an extra day (not a lot of $$ to do this) but to stay the remainder of the week plus an additional weekend would be very pricey. Probably cheaper than flying back and forth though. That would be a huge financial problem for most. I know how tired mentally and physically we are after Worlds. This year cp's were sick for over a week after. I can't begin to imagine the extra stress the coaches would be under if there were only a week separating the events. Not to be rude but I think it would be a whole lot wiser to concentrate on fixing the issues at Worlds first, before creating another large event with the potential to have the same issues.

The name reminds me of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges on MTV.

I wonder how many Level 5 athletes at gyms that compete at Worlds have siblings on talented teams that will be competing less than a week later in the same location.
That makes me wonder how many athletes might crossover from a level 5 team to a lower level team that would be competing less than a week later. Maybe it would discourage crossovers?

xo sarah said:
That makes me wonder how many athletes might crossover from a level 5 team to a lower level team that would be competing less than a week later. Maybe it would discourage crossovers?

I actually thought the opposite .. "Susie can't go to The Summit, but Sally will already be at Worlds so why doesn't she just stay?"

If an athlete is already missing Monday from school, what's another few days? (I'm in no way supporting kids not going to school/parents keeping their kids in FL for weeks on end for cheerleading). I know people have said their schools have super strict attendance policies, but my HS didn't. I missed A LOT of school due to an illness and... nobody noticed in administration until my mom said they wanted to home school me.

I'm not saying this is what a majority of all teams competing will do, but I think it's a definite possibility considering the time frame.

I don't know why they just don't keep the All-Levels championship (with its different locations) and the virtual grand champions. I know the lower levels want to be recognized more but it just seems like they are trying to fix something that's not broken.

I think this will be really hard for parents that have kids on 5 and on a lower level! I know in my school you can't miss more than 10 days a semester before you fail the class, so that's a lot of school to miss! Even if the experience is worth it. I honestly still think levels 1-4 should just keep working hard to get there level 5 skills and go to worlds with there level 5 teams and keep all-levels worlds with the rings

I hope they don't allow crossovers. I saw so much of that this year at US Finals. Worlds athletes participating on Level 4 teams.

Ugh, this exactly.

Small town level 4 team from farmland Eastern Washington lost by .5 to ECE and HEAT because these teams had level 5 crossovers -_-

I'm sorry but I do not like this.

For 1- my oldest is on a worlds lvl 5 and we already miss school to fly to WORLDS. And then to turn around a week later to possibly do it for my youngest is asking to much and to many days absent.

I have 2 kids one lvl 5 senior and one youth 2.
There is no way I'd want to pay for Disney two weekends in a row.

The idea is awesome , but location and date I do not like

I'm sorry but I do not like this.

For 1- my oldest is on a worlds lvl 5 and we already miss school to fly to WORLDS. And then to turn around a week later to possibly do it for my youngest is asking to much and to many days absent.

I have 2 kids one lvl 5 senior and one youth 2.
There is no way I'd want to pay for Disney two weekends in a row.

The idea is awesome , but location and date I do not like
My thoughts exactly. I would think it would have at least a little more draw if it was in anaheim or someplace and flip flopped with worlds every year. Then, even if it's on consecutive weekends which I'm not a fan of, its flips between coasts. I don't see a lot of west coast teams coming to this for the sheer cost alone, especially if they're gyms that already have level 5 worlds teams.

This will be interesting to see who this ends up turning out. I know that the girls will love it however but one of the saving graces of having a lower level child was not having to make the great trip to disney at the end of the year for yet another competition. I can't wait to see the response of the parents.

Back