All-Star Venting (all Star Subjects)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate when people think they are better then they are. They have this mind set that they are better then you and because of that they feel like they should criticize everything you do. You're going to CEA to cheer on senior elite? Really? Last time I checked they could get their bhs off the ground.

Also, if I am about to go up in the air, don't say you aren't going to catch me or if you're spotting, pay attention. I may be tiny, but I'm not afraid to fight you. If I hit the ground because you weren't paying attention or didn't even try to catch me(this has happened before) you better believe I'm coming after you. I hate it when flyers hit the ground because someone wasn't doing there job or didn't do everything possible to catch them.

i hate when people say cheerleading's not a sport. i really want to tell them go to one of our practices, and then tell them GO TO WORLDS.... then tell me it's not a sport.

Same here. Whenever someone tells me it's not a sport i just say: "go watch Worlds and then tell me it's not a sport"

Wow. This whole thread seems really negative and depressing..

But anyways.. about the whole gay/cheerleading/manliness thing... I know one of the guys who used to cheer at Cheer Extreme and was on junior coed level 5, did an individual, and based in an individual partner stunt routine...Now plays lacrosse for one of the best private schools in NC and is a college bound athlete, D1 I think. All of that to say those who stereotype male cheerleaders as guys who cant do "real" sports (AND vice versa)... wrong. Just as capable on both ends.

I HATE WHEN FLYERS BLAME EVERYTHING ON THEIR BASES!!!!!!!!!!! It drives me absolutely insane.

I hate when I tell teams good luck and they roll their eyes and walk away.

I hate when teams have mostly layouts in a level 5 routine.

I hate when teams have too many sound effects in their music or when the sound effects don't fit the routine.

I hate when bases tell flyers how to fly and flyers tell bases how to base. You obviously don't know what your talking about unless you've been one.

But on a positive note, I think those are the only things I hate. :)

I hate when blame everything on the bases in a stunt, but its the flyers fault when she keeps sticking their but out. sooo anoying!!!! or when people get hurt and some assistant coaches baby the people that get hurt, it isnt that big of a deal half the time. ahhhh feel soo much better :) :) :)

I hate it when our coach separates the fliers from the bases and backspots and stretch the fliers, work on balance, and do separate conditioning from the bases who do strength conditioning... I'm fine with that but when the bases start saying that its not fair and fliers have it easy and that flying is the easiest its really annoying because half of them have never even been in a prep before or pushed all the way down in splits you dont have so you look better in the air.... i've done it all-flown, based, back spotted, and front spotted and flying is, for me, th most challenging and stressful both mentally and physically and the bases just don't understand....

I don't have a jump bhs, but I've always been in the front or middle for jumps because honestly I have great jumps and great motions. With a little choreography we hide my lack of a jump bhs so it's not blatantly noticable. I hear other girls on my team talking about how they deserve my spot because they have a jump bhs and I don't... Sure it sounds logical except their jumps are NOT good! You can't really hide a bad jump! And they have terrible motions and just shouldn't be in the front.

There's a tiny flyer on my team who thinks she's the best thing to ever happen to cheerleading. She's always been babied because she's overly sensitive. If I tell her she needs to keep her butt up or have tighter motions, she will break down sobbing. If a stunt falls, she never can admit that maybe she has something to do with it.. EVER. Just because you're small and cry when you get constructive criticism does not mean you shouldn't be criticized when all the other flyers get criticized and punished daily for doing the same things you do.

I'm on a senior team, and we have one girl who will be a senior this upcoming season. We have maybe 5 girls who will be sophomores this upcoming season, and the rest are 12-14 years old. My gym has basically deteriorated and is made up of girls who have never cheered competetively before and completely lack the experience and drive that the more experienced girls have. No one wants to work or even come to practice, and a handfull of us just want to do well this season. Problem is, there isn't another cheer gym in our area, and we all love the sport and our coach too much to quit. Plus I definitely don't have the funds or time to travel an hour to another gym which is bigger and more expensive.

Ok.. venting done.

Some reverse-venting:
This year all of our flyers are skinny-mini (I'm on a senior team and 5 out of our 6 flyers are probably under 90 pounds and 11 years old). However, one of my best friends and the best flyer I've ever worked with is 5-3 and definitely over 90 pounds (she's 100% solid muscle!). Her technique is so flawless that she is so much easier to base than the 70 pound 9 year old. Not to mention the skinny minis don't look good in the air. They just lack the confidence and body control to be tight. My friend has always been point flyer because she looks fantastic, and with a couple average bases she will hit anything.. I'm convinced that she has super powers and lifts herself. You could throw a brick at her in the air and I guarantee you she would stay up and stay smiling. Here's to truly FIERCE flyers!

I hateeee when people overexaggerate. like when a stunt falls and it legit didn't hurt a person at all, yet they cry & complain. it just waists more time to work on skills & actually gets really annoying.

i hate when people get frustrated when they cant hit a stunt! Deep Breathe! NO NEED TO BE ALL DRAMATIC WHEN ITS YOU THAT MESSES IT UP!

Latest posts

Back