All-Star Venting (all Star Subjects)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

elitepanthers said:
I just want to say now, I apologize to the stunt group who has to have me double down with them for the first time.

Agreed that it's terrifying the first time- keep your mouth/lips closed. I have a nice teethmark scar from high school on my right, um.. chest accesory from my flyer who bit me when she only rotated 1.5 times. It's a fun scar to explain.

Agreed that it's terrifying the first time- keep your mouth/lips closed. I have a nice teethmark scar from high school on my right, um.. chest accesory from my flyer who bit me when she only rotated 1.5 times. It's a fun scar to explain.
are we working up to a smiley face in your avatar? lololol

I back spotted once or twice (never again!). The flyers were learning to full down. That was scary enough. I can't image double downs.

I backspotted once because someone was missing and the flyer broke my nose while twisting oder doubling down... 2 days before nationals! :eek:
I went to nationals praying that no one would come close to my nose during the routine...

I hate when teams are posted and parents try and use my cp(or any other cheerleader) to say well my kid has xyz just like yours so why did mine not make the same team. Ummm well obviously the coaches did not think they should be on that team! I also hate parents who do nothing that sit and critique the team mom or gift bags! Really!?!?!?!? You do nothing so you have no right to complain.

this happened to my mom. she was the team mom and she assigned different parents to do the gift bags and at the one competition a parent forgot to do it and parents were getting mad at my mom because they didn't have gift bags. it wasn't my moms fault that they forgot to make them. and the worst part is, it was by parents that didn't want to contribute to the gift bags.
i also when people complain about practice going a little bit over time. its a practice right before nationals so we need to work extra hard so that we can do well! 5 or 10 minutes later isnt going to kill you.

There is no scarier moment as a cheerleader than back spotting someone learning to double down. Terrifying.
Took an elbow to the face (the exact spot where cheek bone meets the nasal bone [the part that's actually bone, not cartilage]) spotting a full down. HS cheer, girl was new, and was as loose as a wet noodle..decided to WIND HER ELBOW down in her full-down to make the spin (instead of squeezing and pulling her arms in or elbows to the chest or whatever..she pulls them back like she's jabbing someone behind her). Good that hurt so bad..wonder if I got a small fracture. At the very least I couldn't move the left side of my face much for a week.

I hate the teammate who turns up late, tells me how to fly, asks for high fives after doing semi-okay on an easy warm up skill and then plays the blame game when we start repping harder skills- even though he missed the last training when we were taught proper technique he still tries to fix everyone (including the freakin flyer!). Or looks around at other stunt groups moving on to harder skills and says he wants to move on to stretch when his extension is jank and his lib is lobster gripped :O Or says we don't need a spot … if your flyer wants a spot you get a freakin spot, she's the one that's ultimately going to eat mat.

I love confidence in a base, I despise unfounded cockiness. Ugh. (If my double downs weren't so perfect I'd elbow him in the face to shut him up ;) )

I hate when teams are posted and parents try and use my cp(or any other cheerleader) to say well my kid has xyz just like yours so why did mine not make the same team. Ummm well obviously the coaches did not think they should be on that team! I also hate parents who do nothing that sit and critique the team mom or gift bags! Really!?!?!?!? You do nothing so you have no right to complain.

I'm dealing with this now as a coach...after tryouts we had all of our seniors practice together and finally split them on tuesday... parents have are calling like crazy why their child didn't make a certain team. I know what i'm doing and placed them where they are for a reason that i honestly don't have to explain to you.

Back