All-Star Video Judging?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 5, 2011
So I remember reading a while ago that some companies were going to offer a type of service where you could send in a video of your routine to get judged with an actual score sheet? Does anyone know any information about this, or if anyone is currently offering it? I'm just curious on how it works! I would love to get an outside perspective before going to our first competition! =)

I believe Varsity does this... It costs $25 to submit, and you can get feedback. I'll look around for the information. For some reason, I also think Cheersport does something similar to check for legalities in your routine.

These are both off the top of my head that I remember, so excuse me if it's wrong. I'll look around when I get a second and see if I can find the info!

I believe Varsity does this... It costs $25 to submit, and you can get feedback. I'll look around for the information. For some reason, I also think Cheersport does something similar to check for legalities in your routine.

These are both off the top of my head that I remember, so excuse me if it's wrong. I'll look around when I get a second and see if I can find the info!

Aww thank you so much, I really appreciate it! You're such a doll! =)

CHEERSPORT - Is It Legal?

Here is the link for the Cheersport legality site.

Not sure where the Varsity info went or if they are still doing it... I know it was fairly recent that I looked at it, because we considered doing it. I may be looking in the wrong place though, so if anyone else knows where it could be please share!

I think this is a cool oppertunity, but personally, I think its not really fair, same with try out videos. You have the chance to re do it so many times, when at comp or try outs you get one shot

There are plenty of people who do consulting. Come in, watch videos, make suggestions, etc.

Im sure someone would be willing to do this over video as well. The issue is, you can never use it at a comp and say Si and so told me this. Things are different at every performance. Someone not doing something can change a score. Some coaches don't realize how some minor changes can impact things.

But you should be able to get someone to help you figure out ranges no problem.

Shoot me a message if you need help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CHEERSPORT - Is It Legal?

Here is the link for the Cheersport legality site.

Not sure where the Varsity info went or if they are still doing it... I know it was fairly recent that I looked at it, because we considered doing it. I may be looking in the wrong place though, so if anyone else knows where it could be please share!

Thank you! I really appreciate it! =)

I think this is a cool oppertunity, but personally, I think its not really fair, same with try out videos. You have the chance to re do it so many times, when at comp or try outs you get one shot

I would have to agree with you in a way, it's like just because you hit in warm-ups doesn't mean you will hit out on the floor. I would just tell them (my team) it's their only shot, record it, and see what the judge (or whoever it may be) has to say, just like it would be at a competition. No do-overs or whatever. Either you hit, or you miss. I am more interested in the range of points on where their difficulty is, etc. I believe it's always nice to get an outside perspective. Sometimes it can really be that defining "ah-ha!" moment for some cheerleaders!

There are plenty of people who do consulting. Come in, watch videos, make suggestions, etc.

Im sure someone would be willing to do this over video as well. The issue is, you can never use it at a comp and say Si and so told me this. Things are different at every performance. Someone not doing something can change a score. Some coaches don't realize how some minor changes can impact things.

But you should be able to get someone to help you figure out ranges no problem.

Shoot me a message if you need help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yes! This is what I am most interested in! Just finding out generally where our range of skills are falling. I completely agree with you, every competition is different, there's no denying that. But like I said before, I think getting an outside perspective is always good, I'm just not sure where to start with it!

Back