Video Tryout Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 14, 2013
So I can't go to the tryouts for the gym(s) that I'm thinking about trying out at, because they are in a different state. (Btw, I'm trying out for Level 5, as a flyer only - I can't tumble due to injuries.)

Is it best to send my video to one gym at a time, or should I send it out to several of them to see what they say? In case some say no. A lot of them also are having tryouts like, this week too...but at the same time I feel like I should probably just stick to one and see what they say first...what do you guys think? :)

The first question you need to answer would be, have you asked any of the gyms if you can even tryout via video? Some gyms may not allow this. You might want to look into that first.

Good Luck!
Yeah I did - they all said I could :) But like 5 of them want it this week though.

And thank you!

Yeah I did - they all said I could :) But like 5 of them want it this week though.

And thank you!

Of course, Do you know which gym you want to go to? It would be best to narrow it down to maybe 1-3 gyms. Sending videos to 5+ gyms might not look very good if the gyms find out that you are doing this. A few other things to consider:

- Is their a reason you can't go and tryout at the gyms?

- Do the gyms know you can not tumble due to injuries?

- Are you willing to take a spot on a lower level team as a flyer if they don't see you as a good fit on any of their level 5 teams?

- Are your parents OK with all of this?

Their are a lot of things to think about before jumping into this, I hope you make the right decisions!

Good Luck! let me know if you have any questions!

Of course, Do you know which gym you want to go to? It would be best to narrow it down to maybe 1-3 gyms. Sending videos to 5+ gyms might not look very good if the gyms find out that you are doing this. A few other things to consider:

- Is their a reason you can't go and tryout at the gyms?

- Do the gyms know you can not tumble due to injuries?

- Are you willing to take a spot on a lower level team as a flyer if they don't see you as a good fit on any of their level 5 teams?

- Are your parents OK with all of this?

Their are a lot of things to think about before jumping into this, I hope you make the right decisions!

Good Luck! let me know if you have any questions!

I sent it to 3 gyms for now :) I'm moving from Texas to Manhattan, NY so I can't go to the gyms until later in the summer. I did talk to them about my injuries also - my flying ability is level 5 though, I included stunting only in my video. I'm really only looking for level 5 or 6 since I'll be in college - that's why I was looking at several gyms.

Thank you for your help! :)

I sent it to 3 gyms for now :) I'm moving from Texas to Manhattan, NY so I can't go to the gyms until later in the summer. I did talk to them about my injuries also - my flying ability is level 5 though, I included stunting only in my video. I'm really only looking for level 5 or 6 since I'll be in college - that's why I was looking at several gyms.

Thank you for your help! :)

I wish you the best! I hope it all works out for you :)

Back