All-Star Vipers Allstars (maryland)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

this is a viper thread, if you want to talk about something Fearless did then start a Fearless thread

here's the problem - from what's been shown on this thread the two gyms are obviously connected whether you want them as part of this thread or not. The address registered with the state for VIP is Fearless's address. (and I don't buy that they had to use Fearless's address to avoid Ron (according to "What" above) because they could have used the new Viper owners home address or a P.O. box). Whether a partnership still exists anymore or not, it obviously did recently. "What" is obviously a friend of Sweeny's b/c she/he has said specific information about him ("Nick will admit he has not been so smart in the past...") But the court cases can't be dismissed now b/c they are already judgments. From what I understand, this means he already lost the cases and owes the money. Its up to the court now to make sure he pays it. "What" said no facts have been shown here, but I don't think you can argue with the state of maryland, the courts, and Sweeney's own email announcing he "acquired" vipers. Isn't getting the facts and peoples own experiences with an organization out so that people know what theyre getting into an important use of this board? I know I appreciate it!

here's the problem - from what's been shown on this thread the two gyms are obviously connected whether you want them as part of this thread or not. The address registered with the state for VIP is Fearless's address. (and I don't buy that they had to use Fearless's address to avoid Ron (according to "What" above) because they could have used the new Viper owners home address or a P.O. box). Whether a partnership still exists anymore or not, it obviously did recently. "What" is obviously a friend of Sweeny's b/c she/he has said specific information about him ("Nick will admit he has not been so smart in the past...") But the court cases can't be dismissed now b/c they are already judgments. From what I understand, this means he already lost the cases and owes the money. Its up to the court now to make sure he pays it. "What" said no facts have been shown here, but I don't think you can argue with the state of maryland, the courts, and Sweeney's own email announcing he "acquired" vipers. Isn't getting the facts and peoples own experiences with an organization out so that people know what theyre getting into an important use of this board? I know I appreciate it!

my daughter cheers at vipers and i have NEVER seen nick sweeney in the gym. i see Tom there every day. if you have some information regarding vipers that you wish to warn me about feel free to PM me. but if you want to discuss another gym using athletes that have aged out, take it to another thread or better yet notify USASF so they can review birth certificates.

Wow this situation is a huge mess! All I can say is if any parents have concerns about the legitimacy or financial stability of said program why not just choose another? There are plenty of programs the MD/DC and Delaware area that you don't have to subject yourself to all of this. However if you choose to gamble with you're own money you can't be upset with anyone else but yourself at the end of the damn because it was your choose to involve yourselves even though you saw the righting on the wall from day 1.

Wow this situation is a huge mess! All I can say is if any parents have concerns about the legitimacy or financial stability of said program why not just choose another? There are plenty of programs the MD/DC and Delaware area that you don't have to subject yourself to all of this. However if you choose to gamble with you're own money you can't be upset with anyone else but yourself at the end of the damn because it was your choose to involve yourselves even though you saw the righting on the wall from day 1.

Totally agree that there are LOTS of other programs to choose from why subject yourself to the drama - especially when the other programs available consistently do better at competitions.

absolutely. if someone had warned me about ron and i still chose to join his program then shame on me. i appreciate those that have PM'd me in the past with what they have know first hand about ron when everything went down and i wish i had known sooner. all i can say is since tom took over, things have taken a complete 360. things are so much more organized and transparent, tom and kasey are always available to talk to you, etc.

i think unfortunately from what i have seen on these boards that 95% of gyms have skeletons in their closets.

other programs available consistently do better at competitions.

i see your from texas, what competitions have you been to that you have seen the entire program compete? Or are you just thinking that since vipers is in MD everyone should cheer at twisters?

absolutely. if someone had warned me about ron and i still chose to join his program then shame on me. i appreciate those that have PM'd me in the past with what they have know first hand about ron when everything went down and i wish i had known sooner. all i can say is since tom took over, things have taken a complete 360. things are so much more organized and transparent, tom and kasey are always available to talk to you, etc.

i think unfortunately from what i have seen on these boards that 95% of gyms have skeletons in their closets.

I honestly feel for you but hey if the recent improvements are enough to please you and leave you optimistic for the future that's awesome. However the idea that 95% of gyms have skeletons in their closets might be a bit of an exaggeration though lol. You don't get to be successful year after year with a long standing history in this industry with skeletons in your closet. You've witness first hand where having skeletons in his closet got Ron.

i see your from texas, what competitions have you been to that you have seen the entire program compete? Or are you just thinking that since vipers is in MD everyone should cheer at twisters?

I just moved in Oct/Nov to TX from NOVA so I am very familiar with what is available in the VA/MD area... I seem to recall when Vipers took over/bought out/whatever Dynasty and remember hearing (yes straight from a coaches mouth) they would be putting ASL out of business (in particular reference to the Ashburn gym) within a year...guess we know who went out of business within the year! No, I don't think everyone should cheer at Twister. Every program has its pros and cons. I do think you have to find a gym that fits your needs best and I am just saying there are alot of programs to choose from in the area that don't come with all the drama. All Star Cheer is super expensive why gamble when you don't have too, that's all.

I just moved in Oct/Nov to TX from NOVA so I am very familiar with what is available in the VA/MD area... I seem to recall when Vipers took over/bought out/whatever Dynasty and remember hearing (yes straight from a coaches mouth) they would be putting ASL out of business (in particular reference to the Ashburn gym) within a year...guess we know who went out of business within the year! No, I don't think everyone should cheer at Twister. Every program has its pros and cons. I do think you have to find a gym that fits your needs best and I am just saying there are alot of programs to choose from in the area that don't come with all the drama. All Star Cheer is super expensive why gamble when you don't have too, that's all.

You're smart woman! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not getting into the cheating and all that stuff all I'm saying is if I was a Viper parent I would ask to see the paperwork. I don't believe the line about using his address why didn't they use Tom's address. The paperwork that is readily available to the public points to Mr. Sweeney if there is paperwork proving different I would love for it to be made public so people could put their worries to rest. All I have to say is please pay month to month.

cheermom447 said:

Yes it's important to get the "real facts" which people at that certain gym have willingly put forth but that's apparently not enough. Since VIP opened I have heard nothing but good things from other parents and kids in the program. Tom and his staff have been supportive, open, and successful in the few short months they've been open. They did what was best for each and every kid in the program and continued their competition season.

Also you say you are not for or against Mr. Sweeney but you sure seem to know a lot about his personal situation for someone who has no personal stake in all of this. Not to mention it seems your only posts other than in this thread were your 1, 2, and 3 mandatory in the newbie thread.

You cannot use a PO box to enter into a business in the state, you need a physical address. For a business like this, it would be a commercial address, not a house address. If you live at a home, or an apartment, and wanted to open a business what would you do? Ask a friend to use their commercial address to begin the business until the paperwork can be changed once the dust settled. The only connection between the two according to ALL the paperwork, was the physical address on the tax/assessment paperwork.

I think the problem is that more people are concerned with the gossip and the stories than the facts, and what is written in black and white. You do it yourself, looking at the address, and saying they are obviously connected, without seeing that right on the paper filled out it says "NO PO BOXES ALLOWED" and stating that they could have used one. If this were based solely on the facts provided, there would be a lot less discussion on point alone.

Because every gym has it's issues. As a parent, not knowing what was happening and being blindsided was tough. But, seeing a GOOD coach step up and take ownership to rectify for our girls has been awesome. My CP has learned more cheer and life skills these past few months than I ever thought possible.

As far as the other gyms in the area. I have done my homework, extensively. Especially after what happened. I can stay without reservation that we are at the right place for our daughter. And, I could tell you all the terrible things about the other gyms, too. Even a few that keep posting on this thread that need check their own house first ...

As far as the gamble thing, that is what we all do. EVERYDAY! Just because you are at what you believe is a stable gym, don't fool yourself. This whole country is failing in some way or another. Why would any one gym be above that. Ours just happens to be aired out now, but that doesn't mean that it is the only one that is or will have problems. We are just blessed that ours were fixed and for the better.

Back