All-Star Vipers Allstars (maryland)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So sorry to hear about the closing etc., of the Vipers organization. Does anyone know the final resolution of the program, i.e., the new owner or did the athletes transfer to other programs because there are still posts from parents on the fb page whom appear uncertain. Really unfortunate at this time of the season, best of luck to all involved.

Let's summarize so everyone understands as much as they can about what's going on right now.

1. The VA Vipers gym (formerly Cheer Dynasty) is now a part of Maryland Twisters and their teams will compete under the Maryland Twisters name this weekend at Battle and forever more. Liz and Jeff are fabulous coaches and the rest of their staff is equally as amazing and they pulled off something great in a very short period of time yesterday. Looks as if the entire VA program will be continuing with them and finishing out the season.
2. The Baltimore and Kent Island gyms are in the rest of this together. A new owner has entered the picture and things can only go up from here. Practices will resume on Monday. I'm personally looking forward to the changes.

If you have anymore questions or concerns please do not speculate about them. That's how rumors get started and the Viper kids really can't handle more upset and drama right now.

Thank you to the programs in the area that have reached out to the coaches about practice spaces, etc. The cheer industry is a great place and it CAN be about the kids.

Everyone just needs to understand that the first email that went out was not pre-warned to the staff before it was sent out. Thankfully the coaches at vipers acted quickly thus sending out a follow up email letting all the parents know they weren't giving up and the kids didn't have to panic. They didn't have all 100 Q & A's ready and because they had no clue this email from ron was coming out and still have no contact with him and his reasons behind his devastating decision. We need to put the unfortunate past behind us and move forward. All the remaining coaches are sticking together and have Tom's back in pushing the program into the positive future. We are here for the kids and we want to see them excel and compete ASAP. We wish Jeff and Liz the best with the VA teams and will support them here on out. This is only the beginning of a great journey.

just seems odd that a few people knew about it a while ago. and its seeming completely new and unexpected now

just seems odd that a few people knew about it a while ago. and its seeming completely new and unexpected now

I don't know why you say people new about it before. There were rumors in the past, but nothing was ever done. It Happened the day after Dallas. It was a shock to all of the staff, parents and athletes.

Are their any updates on the vipers baltimore gym and kent island gym. I saw on the spirit unlimited website they are competing as vip athletics. Is that going to be their new name?

Are their any updates on the vipers baltimore gym and kent island gym. I saw on the spirit unlimited website they are competing as vip athletics. Is that going to be their new name?

yes VIP Athletics is the new name for ownership purposes for Baltimore and Kent Island but we are still Vipers. All the coaches stayed with the program and we are continuing on.

A friend of mine at another gym forwarded me this email - so did another gym buy vipers???? Are they all VIP or are they becoming this other gym? So confused.

Dear Fearless Family-

Viper AllStars (Baltimore and Kent Island) is a highly recognized cheerleading program. The Viper program will complete their 2011-2012 season under the ownership of Nick Sweeney and former General Manager of Vipers, Tom Judy.We are happy to announce that Fearless Allstars has acquired the Viper program (Baltimore & Kent Island).The exciting 2012-2013 season details of this merger will be available soon.The main gym of Fearless AllStars will remain in Gaithersburg, MD.

ummm ok..... wow

A friend of mine at another gym forwarded me this email - so did another gym buy vipers???? Are they all VIP or are they becoming this other gym? So confused.

Dear Fearless Family-

Viper AllStars (Baltimore and Kent Island) is a highly recognized cheerleading program. The Viper program will complete their 2011-2012 season under the ownership of Nick Sweeney and former General Manager of Vipers, Tom Judy.We are happy to announce that Fearless Allstars has acquired the Viper program (Baltimore & Kent Island).The exciting 2012-2013 season details of this merger will be available soon.The main gym of Fearless AllStars will remain in Gaithersburg, MD.

Dear Fearless Family-

No, it's a partnership. Vipers will remain Vipers. Fearless will remain Fearless.

No, it's a partnership. Vipers will remain Vipers. Fearless will remain Fearless.

I am glad they have worked something out, so they can continue as a program.

I am curious about how all this works legally... I assume Ron has some sort of ownership of the Viper All Stars name and it is my impression that he has nothing to do with any of these new arrangements. Is that why they are currently competing under VIP Athletics? Another question, when Fearless "acquires" the Viper program, what does that really mean? Common ownership, operated separately?

I am glad they have worked something out, so they can continue as a program.

I am curious about how all this works legally... I assume Ron has some sort of ownership of the Viper All Stars name and it is my impression that he has nothing to do with any of these new arrangements. Is that why they are currently competing under VIP Athletics? Another question, when Fearless "acquires" the Viper program, what does that really mean? Common ownership, operated separately?
I don't understand/know all the business stuff, I'm sorry.

Back