All-Star Viral Article

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I never said she couldn't sing. Ariana can sing (personally I just think she makes slurry sounds not actual songs but yeah), Miley has some set of pipes on her and I'd be lying if I said I didn't jam to Selena's songs once in a while - I just really don't like the fact that they used their shows to make them popular singers.

If Arianna, Miley, Selena etc had to be 'discovered' like other singers would be really be hearing them on the radio? They are mostly only popular because they recycled fans from previous endeavours. Which is fair enough, but I don't like it.
True.

so those natives that live in Anchorage are they full blooded natives? Or half? Or are some that chose to live in the city rather than remote villages? What percentage of native blood do you need to be considered native and allowed to harpoon? Sorry so many questions. I'm just curious
Doesn't matter what "percentage" they are- and it's different than "Native Americans" in the lower 48 states. It was one of those things that we had no real control over after our past dealings w/stealing America from the Native Americans, so when it came to Alaska- "we" allowed for the indenginous people to maintain a certain way of life. Let's be real, we bought Alaska for the oil (damn cheap too) and they didn't give a hoot about conservation to begin with.

Hopefully some of that has changed. I have a good buddy on FB who lives there I can ask to see if it's still the same. I mean, they managed to make drinking illegal in many remote villages, so perhaps they've lost other rights too (the Native Alaskans).

*eta- the Natives I knew who did that were Anchorage born and maintained residency year round in Anchorage.

Is Trypophobia a Real Phobia? | Popular Science
i remember reading this article when the whole trypophobia thing first start to be noticed or those pictures started coming up, etc. it basically debates wether its a true phobia or just one that people tend to catch on to and think they are becoming trypophobic.
i think if i looked at enough of those pictures it would make me feel uneasy too. just dont google "surinam frog" and you should be good :p
I wonder if there's a psychological disorder or phobia for people who develop phobias after being exposed to them, lol! Other than psychosomatic that is.

I'm fairly sure that as long as one parent is full native, then the child will be too. If the one parent is half, then I think the child would be considered non-native.

I could be wrong. It's early, and I've only had one cup of coffee.
No, at least not according to AK law. Doesn't matter if you're 1/4 Native. You're still native. Most of them have never been out of the state.

Doesn't matter what "percentage" they are- and it's different than "Native Americans" in the lower 48 states. It was one of those things that we had no real control over after our past dealings w/stealing America from the Native Americans, so when it came to Alaska- "we" allowed for the indenginous people to maintain a certain way of life. Let's be real, we bought Alaska for the oil (damn cheap too) and they didn't give a hoot about conservation to begin with.

Hopefully some of that has changed. I have a good buddy on FB who lives there I can ask to see if it's still the same. I mean, they managed to make drinking illegal in many remote villages, so perhaps they've lost other rights too (the Native Alaskans).

*eta- the Natives I knew who did that were Anchorage born and maintained residency year round in Anchorage.
oh I see thank you for that info. I'm always curious about other natives, since every tribe is different.

i think ive developed a phobia of this aria grande's singing.

seriously, though. why does every ex-disney show "star" end up with singing career. they are mediocre at best and only live on cause of their past success as a disney kids show star.
AG is far from mediocre, but I agree with you that Disney tries too hard to push the too many of their kids down every entertainment avenue. I remember when MITCHELL MUSSO (yes, Oliver from Hannah Montana) had songs coming out. They were never played on the radio, though.

I'm a few pages late to this convo, but the gross part about googling Trypophobia isn't the small holes - it's the small holes in feet and body parts that populates the image results. That's enough to gross anyone out.

And the fact that her hair is ALWAYS THE SAME. ALWAYS.
I remember reading why she wears it the same way every day. When she was on Sam and Cat or wherever she started, she was bleaching and coloring her hair every two weeks to keep it that bright red for her character. Obviously, it destroyed her hair (who thought that out in the budget, $30 worth of color, x26 for every other week for a year of filming, is $780, not including any labor or actually going to the salon, just $780 in COLOR!!! What about a nice wig???) Her hair was thinning out and she started wearing her hair like that because it was the easiest way to look like she wasn't losing any hair.

I never said she couldn't sing. Ariana can sing (personally I just think she makes slurry sounds not actual songs but yeah), Miley has some set of pipes on her and I'd be lying if I said I didn't jam to Selena's songs once in a while - I just really don't like the fact that they used their shows to make them popular singers.

If Arianna, Miley, Selena etc had to be 'discovered' like other singers would be really be hearing them on the radio? They are mostly only popular because they recycled fans from previous endeavours. Which is fair enough, but I don't like it.
She was on Broadway years before she was on television and gained a large YouTube fan base singing covers of popular songs also before television. Plus she wasn't even the main character in Victorious like Miley and Selena were in their shows. I agree with your general statement that it's annoying when Disney/nickelodeon stars use their tv tween fan base to become popular musicians without having to have as much talent as those who are "discovered" normally, but I wouldn't quite classify Ariana Grande in the same category.
I became a fan of her in 2008/2009 when my brother played me the 13 The Musical soundtrack and I then searched it on YouTube and stumbled across her channel.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I remember reading why she wears it the same way every day. When she was on Sam and Cat or wherever she started, she was bleaching and coloring her hair every two weeks to keep it that bright red for her character. Obviously, it destroyed her hair (who thought that out in the budget, $30 worth of color, x26 for every other week for a year of filming, is $780, not including any labor or actually going to the salon, just $780 in COLOR!!! What about a nice wig???) Her hair was thinning out and she started wearing her hair like that because it was the easiest way to look like she wasn't losing any hair.
I actually learned this when I tweeted about how I can't stand that stupid high pony updo thing she always does and got attacked by her little preteen fanbase on twitter. No lie.

Back