Visiting From The Uk - Not Sure Which Section To Ask This In?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 30, 2015
Hi all! I'm new to the Fierce Board so please don't bite!

I don't know which section of the main board this would be appropriate in, so I'm asking here:

My boyfriend and I are visiting the US from England in a few weeks. He's on Team England at ICU so we'll be at Worlds, but we're spending a few weeks in the country to have fun first. We were wondering if there would be any open gyms we could come and play around in? It would be great to stunt with and meet some people over here! We'll be in NY, then Washington DC, then Orlando.

I've looked on the international cheer section but that seems to be mostly athletes outside of the US, discussing things going on outside the US :p Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :)

I would Google cheer gyms in the major cities you will be visiting and e-mail them directly. I've visited gyms in Canada, the US and Europe while travelling to attend open gyms. Lots don't get back to me at all, but I usually hear from 1-2 with their open gym times.

Keep in mind too that many gyms are in full on Worlds mode and may not be offering time to open gyms/random people as they are focusing on their Worlds practices. Secondly, I've had more success with smaller gyms. For example, once while in Vegas, I e-mailed 4 gyms in the area. I heard from 3, all smaller, lesser known gyms. The only one I didn't hear from was the big well known gym.

I was also just in Florida, and thought to stop by a big name gym to pick up shirts/bows for my stunt group. Right on their website they stated that to buy merchandise, go to their online proshop (which didn't work for me, as I live in Canada and was only there on vacation). I think the big gyms may get so many requests for visits that they don't respond to the requests/offer them. I just want some tumble time on vacation, so I'm willing to go anywhere to stay in practice. All of the gyms I've been to have been wonderful and accommodating with me and allowing me tumble/open gym time.

As a last point, if you do get some times you can visit, take some pins/buttons/small gear to leave with the gym, if you have it. It's pretty cool to meet people, swap pins and see them on backpacks later at Worlds or other big competitions in the future.

DC area. Cheer Tyme Chantilly, Phase, Maryland Twisters, Legacy.... None of these are truly in DC will need a car

Back