All-Star Walking Billboards With Bows

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess Ive never seen first hand how this has or can be done in a "tacky" way so I'm always slightly put off when I hear regulations being made against these kinds of practices or people speaking out against. I've never understood how shirts or flyers etc. could ruffle up so many people.

I don't really understand it either because I have never seen it done in a tacky way. No matter how many flyers or shirts a gym makes or hands out it won't make the athlete leave unless they truly want to.

I don't really understand it either because I have never seen it done in a tacky way. No matter how many flyers or shirts a gym makes or hands out it won't make the athlete leave unless they truly want to.

And a coach or athlete or parent wearing a shirt with tryout information is much more passive than a coach approaching an athlete from another gym trying to entice them to join their gym. It seems insane to me that they could even be considered in the same category.

I definitley see what you guys are saying.. i guess its just the fact that they are recruiting at a competition, which is what really bothers me the most. i guess i associate the coaches and cheerleaders and parents that try and recruite by talking to people in the same boat as the gyms that wear the tryout date shirts. I was once at a competition where a cheer gym put tryout flyers on every single car in the parking lot.

As hard as I have been about issues of recruiting - and will continue to be - wearing a t-shirt does with tryout dates while perhaps tacky doesn't bother me. I wouldn't do it. But to say it is just a shirt is not necessarily accurate ether. You want someone, somewhere to notice the dates and times and possibly approach you about it, or come and try out. Again if they approach you, I have less problem with it as recruiting - if you approach them is another story.

Now if the writing was "ALL other gyms at this competition stink but ours so come check us out" type of thing or one of those statements that appear innocent but is really a slam at another gym that would be different. Those type of shirts which I have seen in the past are uncalled for.

I definitley see what you guys are saying.. i guess its just the fact that they are recruiting at a competition, which is what really bothers me the most. i guess i associate the coaches and cheerleaders and parents that try and recruite by talking to people in the same boat as the gyms that wear the tryout date shirts. I was once at a competition where a cheer gym put tryout flyers on every single car in the parking lot.

They are a business trying to get business just like when you come out of the mall and all the cars have flyers from the local carwash selling their business so you will come. It is still up to that athlete to take interest in it. If they are happy at their gym then they should have no reason to want to leave.

They are a business trying to get business just like when you come out of the mall and all the cars have flyers from the local carwash selling their business so you will come. It is still up to that athlete to take interest in it. If they are happy at their gym then they should have no reason to want to leave.

As much as I have heard this, I am sure if you ever talked with the gyms and gym owners who have actually lost kids through recruiting they would tell you that was not always the case. But in saying that it is a business trying to get business you are 100 percent correct.

I was a little confused by this thread at first, thinking that this might be a really great idea if your gym was participating in a parade or some other community event where you are looking to attract members in general, not cheerleaders from a competitive gym. On par with handing out a lot of flyers - that are more likely to get dropped on the street.

Maybe the difference is where you wear them? I also think that at a competition it would be beyond tacky. And wow, if USASF was really looking to get involved somewhere, I would put this low on the list of priorities. I would love to hear an update on that....

Come on as a cheerleader I personally live in cheer shirts... Our owner makes a shirt at the end of the season very simple logo on the front and website on the back that if someone happened to be interested would be led to tryout information on the site. I wear gym and cheer shirts everywhere if someone were to ask me what so and so allstars is cause of my shirt that could potentially be another member to add to our gym which I am happy to do. It's a business and numbers pay the bills the more athletes we have, higher chances monthly tuition will lower. It's a great marketing strategy even if it brings 2 athletes in it's two more than you have

Come on as a cheerleader I personally live in cheer shirts... Our owner makes a shirt at the end of the season very simple logo on the front and website on the back that if someone happened to be interested would be led to tryout information on the site. I wear gym and cheer shirts everywhere if someone were to ask me what so and so allstars is cause of my shirt that could potentially be another member to add to our gym which I am happy to do. It's a business and numbers pay the bills the more athletes we have, higher chances monthly tuition will lower. It's a great marketing strategy even if it brings 2 athletes in it's two more than you have

im fine with the simple logo with a website on the back, my gym has shirts with our website on them, i just cant stand when other gyms (there are a few in our area, im sure you probably know who im talking about) that make simple shirts that only say TRYOUTS MAY 3RD-MAY 7th COME TRYOUT FOR OUR TEAMS! lol i just find it sooooo tacky.. i like your yellow shirt that just says rock on it.. its very simple, but i love it.

I know exactly what gym you are talking about and they certainly have the talent to pull people in... I don't see anything wrong with it I think it's a good way to get even more business... People are lazy kds walking around in shirts with dates on them saves people the step of looking it all up.

Back