All-Star Warm Up Times

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Just looking at the schedule for UCA and they give 8 minutes warmup time for levels 1-3 and 12 minutes for levels 4-6.
That doesn't make sense to me. Then you go to cheersport and you can basically have a little party with all the time they give you. Batc gave us 2 mats of 12 minutes each.
I know times vary from comp to comp but I have never seen that little bit of warmup time.
And honestly why should the higher levels get so much more time. Everyone should get the same. All our routines are 2:30.

I agree with you... but can you imagine a large (36) level 5 team safely warming up tumbling in 12 minutes?
All of it is crazy but times should be all the same ( much longer) or at the least determined by number of atheletes/level.
A level 2 team needs to warm up roundoff rebounds before backhsndsprings...
level 5s warm up ro bhs tucks then layouts then fulls then doubles if they are doing it correctly
in a 12 minute warmup that never happens

I think Worlds did different warmup times depending on the venue and day (prelims/semis/finals). I thought that was pretty crappy. Not sure if they still do it.

Different times for different levels sounds like a logistical nightmare, but more power to them I guess if they think they can do it. I think it would make much more sense to just allow every team the max amount of time possible, but that's just me.

The higher level tumbling is a valid point, but that's just one mat. Every team no matter the level has stunts and pyramids that run generally the same length of time and a full routine that is always the same length of time. Everyone should have the same amount of time for that, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I found that it's the tumbling section that really gets you crunched for time depending on size moreso than anything else.

Your whole pyramid and elite stunt sections go up as somewhat of a unit.

Tumbling is individual. Also, if you are dealing with a comp that gives you like 2 strips of mat, good luck getting 20 kids warmed up on tumbling in 10 min.

I don't even know how many minutes my cp's team gets but I remember when I coached we always got 5 minutes stretch, 5 minutes tumbling, 5 minutes routine warm up and that was all.... everything was separated.... I even remember in one comp getting 3 mins and then I yelled at the girls kicking us off the mat... "We just got here and took the girls 30 seconds to get into formation, another 20 seconds for you to put the music on and ur kicking us off when they're not even done... I wish we could have had 10 mins on warm up mat.... That would have helped us for sure!!!

Back