All-Star Washing Shoes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Washing machine, NO DRYER. I repeat: NO DRYER. They WILL shrink. Then Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for the leather. I promise, you won't go wrong.

That's right, I use a Mr. Clean magic eraser too! I forgot about that...if you're good about smaller maintenance I've found that the will look great before they get to a point of no return

Have only done washing machine, no dryer, but have been washing cheer shoes, running shoes and so on for years. Never lost a pair, but do it when you have time to take action and get new shoes if necessary. Only do it a couple of times a year. Dishwasher idea would be easier on shoes with holes, I would imagine. However, when you sense a dead animal is in the house, and you creep up and just find your shoes, it is time to take the risk!
tongue.png

I wash my Nfinitys in the washing machine9without shoelaces) and put them in a pillowcase in the dryer and put the heat on low/medium

I put my no limits in the dish washer.
I have put them in the washing machine before, but when you put them in the dish washer they don't soak in the water. Also the dish washer operates at a much higher temp and cleans them better.

I use a Clorox bleach pen for the mesh part of Passions. I let it sit and then towel it off and let dry. It helps a lot, but won't make it perfect.

I tried to wash evolutions twice in the washer, and both times she had a new hold in the bottom of the shoe within a week. I think it weakens the sole. I will never wash them in the washer again. It's bad enough we go through 2 pairs per year anyway lol.

alot of people do wash their shoes so i wouldn't think it's a problem.. but you should buy to pairs so that you have an older pair for practice and break the others in a few times and they'll be nice and clean for comp.:)

i made the mistake of putting then in the dryer. wouldnt do it for any other shoe, but i felt like these shoes wouldnt matter. only a month old and left ankle lock loop frayed up and broke:/

After every practice, I put dryer sheets in the bottom of my shoes as soon as I take them off. Keeps 'em smelling super fresh. Had my team hooked on it, too.

Back