All-Star Wc Shooting Stars Arena

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Understand the history of World Cup and what built the program to be what it is today. It took the vision of an ex baskatball coach and 16 girls to create one team and they were called the Shooting Stars, which in turn created the multitude of teams the gym has today. That is why it is called the "Shooting Star Arena" Sentimental reasons ONLY. Yes the Shooting Stars will be practicing out of that arena but so will other teams as well as clinics.
See, now that makes sense to me. I suppose the way it was originally described made it seemed like it was JUST for one team, which to me is not only financially odd but also a bit of a downer to their other senior 5 teams. If it had a different name I don't think it would have ruffled so many feathers..like the WC Universe Arena or something, I dunno lol.

Understand the history of World Cup and what built the program to be what it is today. It took the vision of an ex baskatball coach and 16 girls to create one team and they were called the Shooting Stars, which in turn created the multitude of teams the gym has today. That is why it is called the "Shooting Star Arena" Sentimental reasons ONLY. Yes the Shooting Stars will be practicing out of that arena but so will other teams as well as clinics.

Thank you Voice of Reason! :D

If it is strictly a gym for the SS, then i'm not a fan. BUT, if all the teams can use it for showcases and before big comps, then I'm excited for them. And I wouldn't like it if CEA did it for senior elite or sally's allstars did it for their level 5 team.

It is no secret that Shooting Stars is their premier team. You have to be invited to tryout for the team but don't have to be invited to tryout for any other team. I say hey, whatever tickles their fancy. It will only make more room in their main gym for the other teams (IF IT IS TRUE THAT IT IS JUST FOR STARS).

Silly how people are talking about favortism but the only other teams being talked about getting their own gym are the other level 5 teams in the gym. What about all the other teams that will eventually fill those level 5 teams? Come on people many people on here don't even know anything about WC's other teams so don't go running favortism.
That's interesting that you have to be invited to try out. How do people get invited? Makes sense, but I think that maybe there could be so much more talent on that team if outsiders/people they wouldn't know to invite could try out!

That's interesting that you have to be invited to try out. How do people get invited? Makes sense, but I think that maybe there could be so much more talent on that team if outsiders/people they wouldn't know to invite could try out!

Not exactly sure how people get invited. They may explain it more on their website. Not sure if the invites are for just athletes from inside the gym or if they invite athletes from outside too.

I can think of a more than a few lower llevel WC girls who dream of being a Shooting Star, I wouldn't feel bad for them. Most are going to view it as more to work towards and be extra excited to be there.

What exactly would the shooting stars alumni do in there? Will they just have sort of special access to it or something? and the description definitely makes it seem like while other teams will use it, ONLY stars are allowed to practice in it. Which I think is just silly. But then again, Jersey is it's own culture in itself so maybe that's just how they roll. I'm very interested to see where this goes, though!

Not exactly sure how people get invited. They may explain it more on their website. Not sure if the invites are for just athletes from inside the gym or if they invite athletes from outside too.

I am almost positive that only girls from within the WC program have to be formally invited to try out for stars. Girls from outside of the program just go to the regular tryouts and can still possibly make the team.

Girls already in the program get a formal invite (you can find pics of it on facebook). Girls that come in to tryout for WC that have the talent for stars, are asked at that point.

I am almost positive that only girls from within the WC program have to be formally invited to try out for stars. Girls from outside of the program just go to the regular tryouts and can still possibly make the team.
i think that you're right. it looked to me like they invite girls from within the program at their end of the year banquet...and that this week they were having some kind of clinic or something along those lines for outside athletes and i believe that they will attend the shooting stars tryouts next week, or whenever they are held!

Shooting stars are also given there own resort to stay at worlds so they can stay focused away from everyone else as if ody and suns dont need that too

Girls already in the program get a formal invite (you can find pics of it on facebook). Girls that come in to tryout for WC that have the talent for stars, are asked at that point.

Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

You do have to get an invitation to try out for Shooting Stars. If you are out of the program you can contact World Cup to share your interest about trying out for Shooting Stars and they will make the decision from there... Whether they want to interview you or just have you come to the gym or go to tryouts. And they stay at a different hotel because it is cheaper and it is not as crowded as all star. Its not prissy, it just makes sense for some teams. Many teams do not stay at all star.

Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.
they have an "open shooting star tryout/practice" for girls outside of world cup and if they think you have the talent then they will give you an invite to attend the actual shooting star tryouts, which is attended by old stars and girls within the program who received invitations at the awards night.

Back