OT Weirdest Food You Have Ever Eaten?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
On the Mexican side of my family, we eat cow tongue all the time. In tacos, enchiladas, tamales, anything really. We also eat cactus a lot. Both so good! On the Japanese side of my family, we eat a lot of raw fish and fish eggs, which I don't think is too out of the ordinary for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh I can't even explain it . lol it sounds gross but it taste good Boudin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the white boudin. we usually have it when we do a BBQ with family.

other than that I had alligator (very uncommon here), kangaroo, ostrich, frog legs, escargots and reindeer(sorry santa).
when I lived in Spain, my roommate was always snacking on something that I tried too. Later we found out it was fried pig nose.

I've had venison (I do civil war reenactments and that's what we had in practically every meal) which actually tastes amazing Kinda spicy but it's good. I've also had gator tail (which isn't that weird here in Florida..) and Octopus. Calamari (fried squid) is good too but I guess that isn't too weird if you're here in the south..

This isn't really a "weird" food but when I went to Mississippi for work week this summer I had country fried steak for the first time. When one guy said what we were having for dinner I was so confused and he was shocked that I hadn't had it before. Anyways, it was amazing!

Funny coincidence: after I read through this thread I picked up my copy of George Bush's biography on his dad, and the page I had left off on mentioned some of the strangest things the Bush's encountered when they moved from Connecticut to West Texas, including his first time trying chicken fried steak.

Funny coincidence: after I read through this thread I picked up my copy of George Bush's biography on his dad, and the page I had left off on mentioned some of the strangest things the Bush's encountered when they moved from Connecticut to West Texas, including his first time trying chicken fried steak.
You mean he's not a REAL Texan?

You mean he's not a REAL Texan?
Well... George W.'s grandparents are from New England, but they were super influential for their own reasons. H.W.'s dad was like an investment banker or something like that and he made zillions (it was that number exactly, I'm sure of it) doing that. He was also in WWI before he went to Yale.
Then H.W. was raised in New England (they had a lot of houses, but I think he mainly alternated between Connecticut and Maine... They still have a hefty piece of property in Maine today; it's where H.W. jumped out of a plane on his 90th bday.) and was about to go to Yale then decided to enlist in WWII after Pearl Harbor (while he was dating Barbara, who's from NY). He had a bunch of success as a pilot, then went to Yale after the war ended, married Barbara, had George while he was still at Yale being the head of a fraternity and captain of the baseball team....
When he graduated he had all these offers from all over the place but a buddy of his dad's suggested he come work for him in Texas (this was during a big oil boom in the fifties) so he (after accomplishing all this by the ripe age of 23 or so), Barbara, and baby George W. moved from their fancy life and essentially started over in a West Texas oil town.
Wasn't sure how I'd feel about the book, but I'm on the third chapter and so far so good. Would reccommend.
ETA sorry for length I paraphrased best I could.

Too funny, I'm about to start reading that!

Well... George W.'s grandparents are from New England, but they were super influential for their own reasons. H.W.'s dad was like an investment banker or something like that and he made zillions (it was that number exactly, I'm sure of it) doing that. He was also in WWI before he went to Yale.
Then H.W. was raised in New England (they had a lot of houses, but I think he mainly alternated between Connecticut and Maine... They still have a hefty piece of property in Maine today; it's where H.W. jumped out of a plane on his 90th bday.) and was about to go to Yale then decided to enlist in WWII after Pearl Harbor (while he was dating Barbara, who's from NY). He had a bunch of success as a pilot, then went to Yale after the war ended, married Barbara, had George while he was still at Yale being the head of a fraternity and captain of the baseball team....
When he graduated he had all these offers from all over the place but a buddy of his dad's suggested he come work for him in Texas (this was during a big oil boom in the fifties) so he (after accomplishing all this by the ripe age of 23 or so), Barbara, and baby George W. moved from their fancy life and essentially started over in a West Texas oil town.
Wasn't sure how I'd feel about the book, but I'm on the third chapter and so far so good. Would reccommend.
ETA sorry for length I paraphrased best I could.
Wow! Started over financially?

Back